New Engine

GoldenMotor.com

FLSTC4ME

Aug 26, 2010
GA
My first build is going great...NOT!

My 2010 Grebee 48cc GT2B has been a pain in my keester.

My clutch is frozen up;
My spark plug cap broke. I thought that is pops on like any other spark plug cap. Apparently it don't.
After that I checked to see if the spark plug wire was secure it pulled right out.
Now I have no idea if it is even firing now.

I thought that this engine would be ready to run out of the box. BOY WAS I WRONG!

I was so excited to build this, now I want to throw it off a bride.

Anyone else have this much difficulty?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Sorry to here you are having all those problems....I read a lot of people saying how great the Grubee line is, when in fact it seems MORE people have problems with them than the average e-bay purchased engine kit.

The clutch problem can usually be remedied by tapping on the pin in the center of the sprocket AFTER using some penetrating oil on it and letting it sit for a few hours. Alternately, you can remove the clutch cover (other side) and tap lightly around the plate.

The cap should just snap on, unless they included the wrong type of plug, or you changed it with a different type and have not unscrewed the little metal cap on the tip of the plug. To check for spark, remove the plug, lay it on the engine and spin the engine over with the back wheel, you'll see a spark or not.