Nel Lusso aka:P.O.S. frame FIX

GoldenMotor.com

Rexx Shyt

May 9, 2022
I know that the huffy nel lusso has a bad habit of busting at the spot where the frame and back rack meet due to metal fatigue but I have come up with a no weld fix for this old beauty.

I wouldn't have taken this on if it had not been given to me as a gift from my next door neighbor Nas. But I am glad I did because its ended up one beauty of a bike.

What I did was cut some pieces of metal tubing that was about the same diameter as the frame where it breaks and with some screw down hose clamps, splinted or gusseted it around the area known to break.

I know how this sounds but its stronger than ever and there is no shift in the frame at all. And the only reason that I'm posting this is because I found no other posts about this like this.

Its a no weld solid fix giving this old dog a new life. If this is not done correctly it could be hazardous to one's health. But if done correctly it is a good deal..

Just thought I would add to this awesome Bank of knowledge. Peace!

Attachments

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I know that the huffy nel lusso has a bad habit of busting at the spot where the frame and back rack meet due to metal fatigue but I have come up with a no weld fix for this old beauty.

I wouldn't have taken this on if it had not been given to me as a gift from my next door neighbor Nas. But I am glad I did because its ended up one beauty of a bike.

What I did was cut some pieces of metal tubing that was about the same diameter as the frame where it breaks and with some screw down hose clamps, splinted or gusseted it around the area known to break.

I know how this sounds but its stronger than ever and there is no shift in the frame at all. And the only reason that I'm posting this is because I found no other posts about this like this.

Its a no weld solid fix giving this old dog a new life. If this is not done correctly it could be hazardous to one's health. But if done correctly it is a good deal..

Just thought I would add to this awesome Bank of knowledge. Peace!
DIY hose clamp attempt, but the rack supports are still gonna snap off

Reactions: Mossy