Need help with carb please

GoldenMotor.com

Tron mobile

Mar 30, 2020
Okay so I got this bike came with hp carb on it and to be 100% honest I didn't know how to adjust the fuel and I messed up the fuel screw inside so I ordered a nt carb and I'm having problems getting her to run smooth I got her running okay I guess but she gets bad carbon build up I'm running a ngk bh6s plug stock cdi and 36 tooth only getting 30 to 32 on flat ground something not right please help I just cleaned this and went on a 1.5 mile ride and its already this dirty running 4 oz of oil to a gallon and needle setting is second from top

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, usually the nt is jetted rich from the factory. You can go with a smaller jet or solder the jet and drill it with micro drill bits. I solder and drill mine because some of the carbs that come from vendors have a slightly different jet than a true nt, if you have a copy the jet may be different.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Move the needle to the top notch and see if mid range improves, at wide open the needle is out of the jet so jet size is the only way to adjust at WOT. Be careful not to go too lean, lean is fast but the engine will get hot.

Tron mobile

Mar 30, 2020
Well got jet 60 threw 80 I have tried 67,68,69 the 69 seems good gonna take for longer ride need to get a new plug to useing this old one isnt helping with checking I run good so far

Reactions: FOG