Need help solving a carburetor issue

GoldenMotor.com

MotorbikeMan2233

Mar 11, 2021
I’m new here and thought I would put this out because I’m dying trying to figure out something totally random.

So I’m riding my bike with a Bikeberry 100cc kit it comes with some goodies including a speed carburetor. I decided I would take her out for a ride to relieve some stress and ended up getting more stressed/frustrated because about 2 minutes after starting my ride from my house I noticed the bike was hogging over 70% throttle I was confused and kept trying to give it more throttle but I knew something was off the bike ended up bogging more and more by the second 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% and finally the engine died I was totally confused I had had issues with my choke falling down over the intake but I removed it with a dremel tool.

I walked the bike home defeated and upset At first I thought it was something with the sparking my old CDI had actually been cracked after a crash so my first thought was to go ahead and buy a new CDI so I did wired it up and set out absolutely nothing no start whatsoever I even took the kill-switch off And directly wired it still nothing also the motor had great compression and moved fine.

So after a few days of giving up on it I decided we’ll maybe I’ll just check the carburetor more thoroughly after deep cleaning of my Speed NT carb I had actually forgotten to install the float and was absolutely surprised when it started of course it was revving at like 50% throttle and out of control due to having too much fuel so I took it apart after finding my float still on the table I was working at put it in try to start the bike again absolutely nothing finally I tried to hold down the “rich button” as I call it it’s that float bowl thing that pushes on the bowl and tried starting it it started right up it revved better and I could actually throttle it even though the idle was surgy.

Any ideas at all for what could be going on and if I can fix it I had never taken apart the carb like I did before before all this happened so it seemed to become a problem on its own.

could it be the float bowl height?

• Wow
Reactions: wrench

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I’m new here and thought I would put this out because I’m dying trying to figure out something totally random.

So I’m riding my bike with a Bikeberry 100cc kit it comes with some goodies including a speed carburetor. I decided I would take her out for a ride to relieve some stress and ended up getting more stressed/frustrated because about 2 minutes after starting my ride from my house I noticed the bike was hogging over 70% throttle I was confused and kept trying to give it more throttle but I knew something was off the bike ended up bogging more and more by the second 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% and finally the engine died I was totally confused I had had issues with my choke falling down over the intake but I removed it with a dremel tool.

I walked the bike home defeated and upset At first I thought it was something with the sparking my old CDI had actually been cracked after a crash so my first thought was to go ahead and buy a new CDI so I did wired it up and set out absolutely nothing no start whatsoever I even took the kill-switch off And directly wired it still nothing also the motor had great compression and moved fine.

So after a few days of giving up on it I decided we’ll maybe I’ll just check the carburetor more thoroughly after deep cleaning of my Speed NT carb I had actually forgotten to install the float and was absolutely surprised when it started of course it was revving at like 50% throttle and out of control due to having too much fuel so I took it apart after finding my float still on the table I was working at put it in try to start the bike again absolutely nothing finally I tried to hold down the “rich button” as I call it it’s that float bowl thing that pushes on the bowl and tried starting it it started right up it revved better and I could actually throttle it even though the idle was surgy.

Any ideas at all for what could be going on and if I can fix it I had never taken apart the carb like I did before before all this happened so it seemed to become a problem on its own.

could it be the float bowl height?
You destroyed your carb by using a dermel tool to remove the choke

It starts while holding the rich button (tickler) because that delivers more fuel like if ya used the choke,

Buy a new carb and don't take the choke out.
Sometimes on these cheap china carbs ya gotta use something to hold the choke lever because a bump will make the choke move

MotorbikeMan2233

Mar 11, 2021
Thanks for letting me know I will let you know it did run good for a while without the choke but your right that I probably did damage and I ordered a new carb as well.

Reactions: wrench