Need help picking engine kit.

GoldenMotor.com

Jasamine Creech

Mar 3, 2018
I have a woman’s beach cruiser and would like to motorized it. Are there any suggested engine kits for that. All I’ve seen is kits on you tube channels for men’s cruisers.

Rigz

Mar 1, 2018
orlando
As far as I know they don't sell kits specifically for women's bikes. All the kits iv seen are meant to fit in a standard men's "V" type frame. But I think it can be done. I have a women's beach cruiser iv been using for parts and iv wondered how and if a motor could be put on it. If it's the Walmart type they have a very thick tube that won't fit a standard mount so you would have to get a universal front motor mount for thick tube and also since there's no top tube you will need to get a rear seat mounted gas tank and the exhuast pipe might not fit without some bending. I would look at some pictures and watch a video or 2 on utube. I'm sure it's been done

Rigz

Mar 1, 2018
orlando
There is a couple videos on utube that will give you an idea of what's involved. Looks like it can be done with a few minor alterations. I can't figure out how to post a link but searching for "women's motorized beach cruiser" will get you there

Jasamine Creech

Mar 3, 2018
Thanks y’all ived looked all I’ve seen is men’s standard frame builds. But it looks like it would be a universisal fit to a women’s bike. It will be my first build though so we’ll see.

Jasamine Creech

Mar 3, 2018
Riga I’ve looked on utube but can’t find nothin. Maybe I’m using the wrong key words. But all in all looks it would work. Just with the extended motor mounts. I have the Susan g Coleman bike they sell at Walmart

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Not a P.C thing but frames with out top bars are also called "step-threw" frames.

I built a MB for an older guy and he was all "ell NO!" when I showed him the bike. As it was a girls. I said that it was not a girls bike. Rather it was a step threw (sp?) and all was good.

Dunno if that would help in searching.

Ya can buy top bars to mount a tank to. But a can tank would be far easier. They mount to the seat tube and sit behind the seat. Easy-peasy and cheap. Can make one from a can but are sold, as well. And they look really cool.

Without the top tube, ya have much less restriction. Big plus, there.

EDIT: or fab a top tube to hold a tank.

Any kit I know of, the gas tank just has to be higher than the engine as they are gravity fed.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just thought of this. Book-rack tanks mount over rear wheel. Would do double duty. Ya get a rack and a gas tank.

Just thoughts. There is always a way with wut ya got.

Rigz

Mar 1, 2018
orlando
They see those top tube at Walmart there kinda expensive for what they are but there easy to install. I saw a guy mount the standard tank on the bottom tube of a girls bike. It was at a pretty steep angle tho so steep you might not be able to fill it up all the way.i also saw that he needed a offset intake manifold to mount the carberator without it hitting the seat post. And good luck with your build. If you run into trouble these guys know EVRYTHING. This one of the best forums iv ever had the pleasure of reading

Jasamine Creech

Mar 3, 2018
I was thinking rear rack tank. But I was thinking a larger capacity . All I ever see is 2.5 I wonder if they have like a three liter tank.

Rigz

Mar 1, 2018
orlando
They do have 3 liter and 1 gallon regular tanks on ebay but I haven't seen a rear mounted tank that is bigger than 2.2 liters I think. I get about 50~ miles out of one 2.2 liter tank depending on how I ride. A taller gear ratio can help with fuel economy also. But I live in Florida where everything is flat so I can get away with running a smaller gear in the back. If you were to get a larger tank I'd make sure the mounting hardware is good and stronger to compensate for the extra weight becuase the standard studs are super flimsy and will break and strip very easily