my second junkyard build for this winter

GoldenMotor.com

kelly dean

Oct 3, 2019
kentucky
It's been so long since i could do this that im building 2 at the same time. This bike isnt nearly as complex as the full suspension build , but like that one it's built from junk or rather stuff that people are throwing out or give me. My neighbors know im always looking for this old stuff and quite often now just bring me junk i put on the pile waiting to be used some way or another :) I've juggled parts a number of times finally settling on this combination. 26" frame and wheels the front end is a 29" disk ready set from a mountain bike. The bars are an old set of motorcycle bars a neighbor gave me. The seat lay back is a cut off goose neck and i had an old lock hasp i cut and ground to shape and bolted to the nose of the seat, the shock is an old bmx part. I havent decided on a tank yet other than im not going to use a stock tank on the bar, i really like the lines of this frame and the stock tank detracts from that too much. It's fairly basic but im happy with it. you dont have to spend alot to do something cool :) ... kelly

Attachments

Reactions: indian22 and FOG

Ralph hop

Nov 14, 2019
I'm envious of your junk yard Kelly. For a tank you could use a big tube and silver solder some end caps on it and a filler neck and fittings too. 60,000 pound tensile strength for brazing and solder, it's strong stuff just need a hot torch and some metal to put together.

Last edited:

kelly dean

Oct 3, 2019
kentucky
I'm envious of your junk yard Kelly. For a tank you could use a big tube and silver solder some end caps on it and a filler neck and fittings too. 60,000 pound tensile strength for brazing and solder, it's strong stuff just need a hot torch and some metal to put together.
thats a good idea i do have a torch head and the lil propane bottles dont cost to much, i dont really have fab equipment but i like to do what ever i can with what i do have to work with ... kelly

Ralph hop

Nov 14, 2019
I forgot to say make sure there's a hole to let the hot air escape and also I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with.

Last edited:
Reactions: kelly dean