My Perp Motorbicycle

GoldenMotor.com

handel.barz

Jan 27, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Actually, it's a ccm bmx frame with 48 spoke wheels. I have three of them. This one is my last prototype. Fun eh. . . I'll lump you in with the Harley Davidson guy who pulled up beside me one day and reved up his $35,000 machine at me to make his point. Mine cost about $700 to build, I think I missed his point.
I've driven it around for about four summers. I fill up the tank about three times during the summer, I think the tank hold half a litre of fuel.
My other wheels are a V8 Pontiac.
And yes it is comfortable, I use a fully springed leather seat instead of the cheap plastic "wedge" that came with bike.
So . . . did you get the reply you wanted?

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Can you give us a pic from the other side?
What kind of motor is that?
Do you find it to be "top heavy"?
Is all the weight on the top left side?
Interesting!

handel.barz

Jan 27, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
The motor is on the left side of the rear wheel and it's heavy. The kick stand is on the same side as the motor because the bicycle leans that way at rest. When riding the motor weight is mostly on the top of the rear tire. The only time the motor rotor is lifted off the tire is when starting (pull cord) or when coming to a stop. When riding you can't feel any imbalance of an off center engine. Gyroscopic effect. It's a 5 hp Tecumseh from a 30 year old sears snow thrower. Side shaft. The motor can be pull started while coasting the bicycle. Choke controls are reached on the front of the engine behind your left leg. Trottle is on the right handle bar, a converted gear change lever. Kill switch is by the left hand grip. I built it using stuff I had already.
This one is my fourth (and best) prototype.

Last edited: