My First Build...

GoldenMotor.com

Jesuswon1

Jul 25, 2008
I'll be beginning my first build this weekend...

80cc kit from boygofast on an old Holiday cruiser...

Any Tips for a shoping list of pre build supplies?

or how about any tips to look out for?

Thanks,
Don

Jesuswon1

Jul 25, 2008
Nope... not finished... Not even begun! I got my kit on friday 8.22 and eagerly tore into the package to inventory the parts and everything is there except the ever important "rear Drive Sprocket"!!! :eek: I couldn't believe it, Leave it to the INFAMOUS "boygofast"!!!

I e-mailed and left a voice message on 8.23, but I'm not holding out much hope for customer service... especially after reading the relatively few negative feedback comments on his Ebay account. Seems to really lack in the "service" area. I bought from him because of the price and I figured the enormous numbers of happy feedback out-weighed the seemingly few negatives, but we'll see!

So as I await some kind of resolution from this guy, I'm assembling my build essentials. Now it seems I'll have to add a rear sprocket to that list!

I'll keep posted...

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Well here go's. I noticed your name and will say you are not going to ride it yet. There is a reason for everything. If you were meant to ride it yet the part would be there. You NOW have extra time to take your time and build it to the best of your skills:) When Jesus wants you to have it, you will have it.
So enjoy and plan for that first ride. If you have more time the better it will be(^) The best is yet to come my friend. (c)

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
i'm in the same situation - missing a part or two, that is - but i can easily reach my vendor, thank goodness. meanwhile, i'm just tinkering away in my ham-handed way as time permits :)

we love pictures, BTW, so feel free to post your WIP.

Jesuswon1

Jul 25, 2008
So I spoke to Rick Shi from "boygofast" and he was quite friendly on the phone and asked me to e-mail my address and item number so he could ship my missing 44T sprocket! I was quite surprised by his friendly demeanor and willingness to make it right. Not because I expect people to rip me off, but because the negative feedback on his Ebay profile indicated a strong anti service bent.
I'll keep posted here, we'll see what happens next!! but I won't be ridin' ^5 till next weekend! untill then... :bike2:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
See :) it's going to be alright. I just bought a brand new bike today and am going to order a Dax motor for it tomorrow. You will have a motor between your knees before I will :) Take your time, and all will be kool! (c)

Jesuswon1

Jul 25, 2008
so... I recieved my 44tooth Sprocket from "boygofast" today! (^)
I guess I truely underestemated the guy. Don"t believe the Hype about the Guy's lack of service. He was very understanding and quick to respond to my missing part. I'll actually be doing the build this weekend.

Should I do a "step-by-step" with Photos? what do you guys think?

by sunday evening I should be ^5