My Defective carb sealed up

GoldenMotor.com

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
so here is my temporary repair I don't know if i will hold long enough for me to get a replacement.

I had to cut the intake manifold and i put a copper sleeve around id it with JB weld and I had to make the intake longer just to get the carb level enough so I added another threaded connector with two I can adjust the level of the carb as needed, the bike sound very DIFFERENT put runs ok

I need to change my gas oil mixture ton my next refill tomorrow the top end is not where it was before but definatly NO MORE VAPOR LEAK!!!! :D

I am not overly confident that the repair will hold given all the vibration these bike generally have!

I will need a new intake manifold as well one that turns the carb at a 45 degree angle so I will have more room to put a better air filter in it.

I am thinking of finding or buying a used lawnmower for parts I wanted to buy new parts locally but let just say local parts dealer are less that helpful!

Ok they hang up on me soon as mention that my engine is from china, and one guy was telling me off that the about the measurement of the intake manifold and yes i was polite the entire time and I never mentioned the carb I was talking to him till I hung up in frustration.rotfl

Sorry for the rant I just needed to vent once again

Anyway any ideas of what carb will generally work I read up and I know that as long as it is not too over sized or undersized it should work given i have the correct jet size, and the manifolds is ok as long as it does not have too many beds in it but generally as long as it fits the mounts and the length is close enough.

as for the intake tube I think if I had the name of a manufacture and model number parts dealers might be a little more helpful.

Once again thanks for all that helped me get this rair dione the help i recived was incredibly helpful!!!l(^)

Attachments

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
When my mother in laws old car had an exhault leak near the cat converter the guy who tinkered with my cars used a pieced of high temp rubber hose to repair the leak. My chainsaw engine has rubber hose connector of the the manifold. Maybe that is a possibility. to replace your manifold.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
My repair is already shaking loose I ordered a new carb and intake manifold. and the bowl is leaking again.

I want to fabricate or buy a angled spacer that would put the carb off to one side without changing the distance of the carb too much!