My bike broke and I need advice on a new frame

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by luckydog, Sep 24, 2016.

1. luckydog

luckydog New Member

Hello my name is Jay, after watching people ride their motorized bikes around town I wanted one.
    I put a four stoke engine kit on a Royal Enfield bike and for two months and quite a few miles had a great time.
    Pulling out of an intersection just reaching full speed I just shut down the throttle to idle and coast for a while the seat moved. Thinking the seat adjustment came loose I put my weight to the rear of the seat and put more weight on the pedals about then the handle bars started pitching down. I then realized the severity of the situation seeing the down tube broken off at the steering neck, luckily I got the bike stopped without any further excitement the front sprocket was just starting to drag on the road.
    So I would like some advice on frames, is there a favorite frame that longtime builders favor?
    Thank you,
    Jay Llewellyn

2. TheNecromancer13

If you're going for a mountain bike, the older models of the trek 820 with 20-21" frame are great. But generally any decent steel frame will work. I'm guessing you had an aluminum frame. Aluminum does not fatigue well.

3. WECSOG

WECSOG Member

Hi Jay; I think it's all that reliable ignition that did your frame in. Everybody knows Enfields are designed to use Lucas electrics! :-||

4. luckydog

luckydog New Member

Now that you mention it it would act up as soon as a cloud was in the sky. Is it Joseph Lucas "the prince of darkness"

5. luckydog

luckydog New Member

I ordered a new bike from bikeberry, hopefully I can get it together before the snow flies.
    Jay

6. WECSOG

WECSOG Member

lafflafflaff