My back wheel won't spin

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by alisonsup, Sep 6, 2015.

1. alisonsup

alisonsup New Member

I just finished installing my first kit but when I went to turn the wheels to pedal my bike outside I noticed the back wheel was stiff and was really hard to pedal. It was pedaling freely before I put the motor chain on the bike. I opened up the compartment on the motor to see if the chain was stuck or pressing against something but wasn't. I adjusted the chain tensioner to see if it was too tight but the wheel was still stiff. I did notice one thing though. When I first threaded the chain through the motor I noticed that the chain drive in the motor was hard to turn with the chain tool that came with the kit. I considered spraying it with wd40 to get it to spin smoother and easier but I didn't because I really don't know much about these kits or motors and I didn't want to ruin it. The link will bring you to my bike I'm working on and what it's doing.

http://youtu.be/bZreKysPsA8

*The kit I'm using is a 60cc Aosom kit where the motor is installed in the V part of the bike(between the two wheels)*

#1 alisonsup, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

The video is too dark to see how the clutch cable is installed but my guess is the cable needs to be tightened, adjusted. Here is a good tutorial on how to do that correctly.
    http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22726

I did notice that your chain is much too loose. You only want 1/2" to 3/4" of slack.

Tom

3. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

Uh, I think the obvious problem is you're not pulling in the clutch.

In the video, with the cover off, the clutch isn't hooked up. You're fighting the engine's compression.