my 700c single speed 2 stroke 80cc

GoldenMotor.com

sofasurferlinux

Jun 24, 2009
Davison, Mi
I like it!!
I am waiting for my first engine to arrive. The bike I have is also a road bike. Its an old Hiawatha from Gambles. I would rather find a bike with wider tires and a better seating arrangement for an old guy but if I am not mistaken I can later remove all the parts without ruining the bike and put them on a differant bike (is this correct)?
But I want to ask you how you like the ride on the narrow wheels and hunched over position?

turbo/chaos

Jul 22, 2008
college station tx
www.myspace.com
ok one i ride fixies alot now so check that out to did you get a origin 8 flip flop hub or did you get a furmula hub and also did you get the 63cm high flang or a low fland if high the you have to grove the hub for the cog to fit

and you can fita 700c on a 27inch frame and still use the stock parts for the bike to work there is like no difrence and if you go with the deep v rims make sure you get MSW wall rims so you can use the brakes

now i dont know if bird dog motors still makes it but i saw one time they where seling a free spin setup that treaded to the flip flop hub and it came in locked setup also (i think)

but if you whant a cheap good frame to use check out origine 8 great good stunt frames to use for fast speeds

im going to be working on one that will be a origine 8 uno frame with low flang bmx 48 spoke track hub spoked to a sun rim mamonth XL 700c with 35c tires on a 56t to 28-11 gear setup 6 speed with the shift kit from sick bike parts armadeilo tires with twisted oddeesy peddals with sugino crank and BB setup with cerramic bearing hubs not cheap but will hall like 75-80 easy

once the head is shaved crank arm is on a diet and upgraded spark hope to do 100mph on the salt flats once i get the money to go

oh yeah my bike shop lost sould fixies is going to be open here soon in college station TX

check out third coast fixed>com to see what we do here in the third coast

cajunmike

Sep 30, 2009
Indy
Hey I want to put a 49cc slanthead on a road bike a fuji 12 speed but keep the turned under handlebars and put the throddle and clutch handle underneath and keep the brake setup the same put a 36 or 40t sprocket and a clamshell hub 109.00 and 65.00 has anybody done this? I bet it will fly!

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
that all sound great i would though take a look at a shifter kit and get the drivetrain running on the right side it might serve to go faster to have between 37 and 13 teeth like a transmission and it will be less expensive than all of the parts it would require for a clutch you could just get a kit with a centirufal clutch and a pull start option. it would eliminate haveing to use a cluch and then the trhrottle would be your only concern.

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
Izzy here my fixy gaser
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/93/l_3ac603a2e048423da61b338670d04b84.jpg[/IMG
the 36 tooth sprocket

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Re: Centurion road bike. Those are awesome! Cheap as dirt now but they were tough and nicely aligned!

Is that QR hub walking in the dropouts, or is it staying planted?

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Bike Nashbar Nashbar - Road tube, bike tires, cycling shorts, cycling gloves, cycling jerseys, handlebar tape

http://i.pgcdn.com/pi/75/11/32/751132527_640.jpg
has a lot of sub $500 bikes that are single speed "29er"s with disc brakes.

Its like a heavy duty 700c rigid mountain bike with disc brake wheels.

i like it man, i had 1 of this 700c bike b4 i sold it. i regret the sell now but oh well.
Can u get those wheel with disc brakes but? i know they dont use disc brakes on racing bike because they are to heavy??
It looks good but man. can u take some close ups of the bak wheel so we can see how u hav mounted the sprocket on the wheel?