My 2006 NE Yellow Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
That NE-R is a great looking ride and deserves to be ridden and shared with the public. We seem to share the" lots of bikes" syndrome which centers around selecting whatever is fueled up and close to the door as our next ride, last in is first out. I'm maintaining ten bikes & typically only 3 or 4 are ridden each month. I've got to do better....

Rick C.

Reactions: mason_man

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
That NE-R is a great looking ride and deserves to be ridden and shared with the public. We seem to share the" lots of bikes" syndrome which centers around selecting whatever is fueled up and close to the door as our next ride, last in is first out. I'm maintaining ten bikes & typically only 3 or 4 are ridden each month. I've got to do better....

Rick C.
Lol....so true. Need to figure a way to balance it out. Still, I feel blessed to have this kind of problem.
Glad to hear your having the same problem, lol...I think we're having to much fun.

Ray

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Ray I've noticed some posts regarding the "new" Whizzer engines that indicate recurring problems with the head. What's your take on this?

Rick C.

Reactions: mason_man

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hi Rick, yes I've seen some of the postings about people having problems with New Edition Whizzer heads.
Starting with the WC-1's and NE heads.
With the WC-1 you could only shave off 45 thousands, anymore the head would crack between head bolt,spark plug.

The ne heads had different combustion Chambers,some good and some not so good.
I don't have any problems with any of them.
I remove (shave)100 thousands from the wc-1
I also like reworking the ne heads.
Here's a picture of a wc-1 head before and after. Picture of the 3rd head from the right is one of the ne heads.

I'll post more pictures of heads that have a thermal barrier coating soon.
20190506_173558.jpg
20190506_173613.jpg

Reactions: indian22

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
20180611_154017.jpg
20180804_214713.jpg
20180821_152747.jpg
20181123_133210.jpg
20181123_131826.jpg
Yes, Heat!
These little motors run way to hot. Almost 600* and with no zinc in our oil.
That's why I coat piston, valves, head,and exhaust port with a thermal barrier coating.
I can bring down the heat to about 300* I do this to both vintage and new generation Whizzers.
Most importantly I can eliminate any stress to my Motors.
I'll post pictures

Ray

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Ray thanks, that's exactly the kind of information I was fishing for. Motor designs, especially in relatively inexpensive engines, aren't perfected works. I've found that most of the small engines like to moan about their health problems and hope we will listen and do something to help solve their issues. When I'm not feeling well I check my temperature and if it's elevated I do something about it. Diagnostic work isn't voodoo, but cutting the heat output in half is quite impressive & simple...once it's explained!

I don't have a Whizzer at this point, but if I acquire one I intend to address the high heat issues as instructed Ray. Through the years I've decided that heat and imbalance are fatal flaws in most air cooled small engines of any type. Poor heat dissipation qualities, inadequate lubrication, limited external air flow, timing issues and the list goes on....most builders go straight for more power and this exponentially compounds the effects of the original motor' design inadequacies. The CG 2 cycle motors are an obvious example, not the best foundation to build on, but when it's inherent weaknesses are dealt with first (heat and imbalance etc,) quite a bit of power can then be extracted from them and they hold together quite well in daily riding.

Great photos really help as well, thanks.

Rick C.