Motorized bike

GoldenMotor.com

Emanuel davis

Oct 10, 2018
So today I got on my bike and go to start it I dropped the clutch and kept peddling it started up but when I went to drop the clutch and gave it throttle it cuts off...started it back up drop the clutch give it throttle and keep peddling for about a half block it goes but when I come to a complete stop it shuts off if anyone can help me with this would be great thanks in advance

Emanuel davis

Oct 10, 2018
I have a missing screw on the left side of the bike where the clutch engage and disengage....will this effect anything??

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if it is a cover screw for drive cover, then clutch may not be fully disengaging - that cover has to be tight

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not too much, but these all waste a lot of gas when throttle is held open more than about 2/3 - porting seems to make folks ride WOT more than usual though

Danny Torino

Aug 14, 2017
So today I got on my bike and go to start it I dropped the clutch and kept peddling it started up but when I went to drop the clutch and gave it throttle it cuts off...started it back up drop the clutch give it throttle and keep peddling for about a half block it goes but when I come to a complete stop it shuts off if anyone can help me with this would be great thanks in advance
I would need a few bits more specifics, but if she dies when you let off the gas you need to adjust your idle speed. Check the throttle cable for slop and tighten the barrel adjusters. Adjust the idle screw on the carb. <ost carbs with the idle screw nearest to the air filter side of the carb. Most stock 19mm motorized bike kit NT carburetors & NT Speed carbs, 19mm CV or OKO 21mm. Turn the screw in to increase the idle speed while shes running to pick up the idle. This will get her in the ball park but you MUST have right size jets in your carb for your elevation and temperature. Im in Massachusetts on the east coast, at low sea level. Ive run larger jets to accommodate for the low altitude fluctuation in the seasons temperature changes.