Military Cruiser Tribute Build

GoldenMotor.com

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Building this steel frame Kulana frame that was metallic drab green so planned a Military tribute bike. Added 2 squeeze brakes so 3 brakes are better than one.
Added a rear black rack, Analog speedo, adding CNC 40 tooth sprocket and adapter, painted the tank OD and added gold metal fleck and clear coated with 20 clear coats for a touch of bling on this total black and green bike. Threw on some army decals, painted the side engine covers and head of the Beskit 66cc engine and painted the black chain guard to match the tank. Have some cool Military style saddle bags coming and will beef up the fenders that are already pretty decent. Here is a few picts as it stands now. The engine needs an 1 1/4 extension and I have to deal with a 1 3/4 super wide down tube with a block of aluminum I will have to machine out. Hope to be done by Fri?

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Nice one ZipTie! Good solution on the brakes.
Yeah to easy to install on these cruisers to avoid using coaster brake ( except in a emergency) ... cost 24.00 bucks for brakes front and rear and cables. 14.00 for double pull lever. much safer. So 38 bucks could save riders life.
I recommend everybody running around at 25 mph plus to install immediately.

Gee Velodrome....I cant understand why you would click on some link with the word military in it...LOL

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Very nice build that bike has a lot of love in it.
Thanks floridaboy, yep It takes love to build these creations if you want to do a safe and neat job. I certainly enjoyed the process! Especially the part... at 2 in the morning where you are so tired but are driven to finish something and to where the garage was a Minnesota humid 90 degrees, full of paint fumes and then mosquitos, tools, crap, and other assorted trip hazards laying all over the floor and so much sweat in my eyes I couldn't see a darn thing. Yep can be fun. Yep I tripped too and heard something pop in my wrist, ouch. Then installed clear upgraded gas line that is so stiff it should be classified as a new advanced building material.
But despite it being so nasty in the garage... and a sore wrist, I pretty much finished the bike last night, installing the motor (after piecing together two extensions using various odd parts cobbled together by shear ingenuity or insanity. Installed the clutch cable, rear 40t CNC sprocket and then installing my signature Ziptie-electric junction tube system to hold all the wires together neatly. Painted a useless electric horn and installed it by the throttle and put a dab of white paint on the button so I can find it when I need it to scare suburban deer off the roadway at night. Painted the neon orange needle on my speedo white too. Last but not least, I have to deal with the dreaded.... greasy, waxy, sticky, slippery, gopher guts #41 chain. Breaking and connecting the dreaded steel snake from the pits of **** is not my favorite thing to do! Then need to add some type of chain tensioner with a skateboard wheel. I may try one of those engine side spring ones to manage the linked serpent. Ill decide today. Darn I totally forgot about a headlight... hmmm. Here are a few more picts of my 90 percent complete progress.

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Ill post some a few of the bike outside when I get my small OD saddle bags for the rear rack too. Here is also my cobbled front motor mount extension. Im a little nervous on this one?

Attachments

Last edited: