Micargi Seattle Stretch 212cc build

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
I am ordering a wide crank pedal set, just trying to figure out which way i wanna go, bent cranks or long shaft etc.................so no, not now, i just use them as a rear brake. I had to cut the rear frame tube to allow the chain to fit thru. If you look close you can see where i used 1" aluminum square tube to brace where i cut it, right behind the lock pouch on the left side.
That bike is unsafe to ride with the frame cut like that. The reinforcement you did is nowhere near adequate. I would have instead constructed a jackshaft so that the chain would clear the frame.

Scorpion1

Mar 21, 2017
AR
That bike is unsafe to ride with the frame cut like that. The reinforcement you did is nowhere near adequate. I would have instead constructed a jackshaft so that the chain would clear the frame.
A Jackshaft would not have made a difference, there is simply not enough room there either way.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
You need some gusseting in there. You put the 212 on a micrappy so you need gussets regardless. Then ya took out a tube and still no gussets. I see a frame crack in your immediate future....

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Oops I thought you cut a forward frame tube. Well the rear section fix you did in your cut is going to fail within 20mi. To fix that you'll need to cut the seat stay farther up both directions so that you can make a custom tube that goes around, and sleeve it both sides. Another thing you can do it get some 1" box tubing and sleeve it with the parts of the stay, then weld a connecting piece to the sides of the box pieces. Your frame isn't totally f*cked but it is definitely not good to ride.

And never drill directly into the frame like for your motor mount. That is another weak spot on your downtube. A crack there would cause a serious accident.

Last edited: