Major issue with drive sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

hammmersmashface

Jun 13, 2018
So am i totally screwed? Today i was riding my flying horse 66/80cc to work when my chain popped i stopped to repair it but the drive sprocket wouldn't move so i took off clutch cover and there were two links mangled in there preventing it from moving so i got em out and that's when i seen that the chain was rubbing behind the sprocket and wore a hole right into what i think is the crank case.. engine is just a month old..doesn't even have 60 miles on it...now my question is ...is.my motor totally effed? Or is there hope

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not sure if there is a pic here somewhere, but you can make a cut with a hacksaw just above the rub mark and just below the rub mark about 1/2 inch deep, then grab the piece in middle with a big pair of pliers and just break it out - no big deal

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
not sure if there is a pic here somewhere, but you can make a cut with a hacksaw just above the rub mark and just below the rub mark about 1/2 inch deep, then grab the piece in middle with a big pair of pliers and just break it out - no big deal
That is in FRONT of the sprocket,
I think he means BEHIND the sprocket which may be into the clutch shaft area
or possibly into the case whuch I have seen before.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
seen broken chains tear off back of case, but never saw them rub there - I'd need a pic

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
never seen that ever - a lot of those sprockets have a washer behind them to space the chain out a bit farther tho

when I find one with that washer, I usually suspect that the factory just didn't get the shaft seated all the way over to that side