Magnet nut removal

GoldenMotor.com

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
Gday, well i'm wanting to install my pull start and that requires me to take pff the nut that holds the magnet on to place a piece on there and then put it back on.

I'm wondering how i go about removing said nut :/

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Take off the gear cover and stuff a rag in the gears, that will hold the engine from turning so you can remove the nut.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Don't your motors have fly wheels? My motor has a flywheel that even has fan blades on it.My magnets are inserted flush with the face of the fly wheel. Nobody here in this forum has a system like mine.I see complete kits advertised for just over 100. Just the motor for my kit is over 300 dollars and thats American.:):):):)
P.S. Comes from Island Hopper American Chain Drive,in Florida the kit I have has been sold out for along time

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
An impact wrench works great. No need to hold the gears or anything. A word of caution here: The crankshaft where the magnet mounts is very small diameter and easy to bend. If you need to remove the magnet, and I don't know why you would, you need to be careful when doing that. Use two large screwdrivers wedged under the magnet and carefully 'wiggle' the magnet off the shaft. Use caution and don't get heavy handed here. You do not want to bend that shaft.
Tom

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
sounds like your engine isn't a china 2-stroke like most of us mess with here on the forum. So next time you have a question about your engine etc. please tell us or with a photo show us.
With the type of engine you have it must look more like a briggs for those I use a tool called a strap wrench or the tool made for holding the flywheel then remove the flywheel nut also a special tool for some with the starter nut. to remove the flywheel either the flywheel puller or a special knock off nut to remove the flywheel.
You can wedge the flywheel with what you were talking about but be careful doing so as you can every easily break off a flywheel fin.