Lost don't know what to do, bout to give up , HELP

GoldenMotor.com

I_AM_MEH

Jul 31, 2022
Ok why can't I locate the output shaft and inner gear anywhere bike berry has a shaft but no gear they told me but I'm not sure it's the same shaft I need and I have no clue how the gears attached to the shaft I can buy new gear box but that's too much money I need to be able to replace the shaft beings on how it appears as if that goes bad quite often . Ok what happened to mine is the end that sits in the bearing has worn down and close to breaking off and it makes sense that would happen with the load that they receive i just want to know why this part is so hard to locate again im poor af or id just order a new box im really liking this four stroke but if i cant afford to fix it im going to have to quit whilst im not to far in it , please advise this dummy ! Thanks ~Lonnie

Attachments

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Let's start with a better understanding of what you're talking about.

Is this your gearbox?

Reactions: I_AM_MEH and wrench

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Take your gear box off and look at it.
You'll probably understand how the gear is on the shaft once ya got it off and on your workbench

Last edited:

I_AM_MEH

Jul 31, 2022
Let's start with a better understanding of what you're talking about.

Is this your gearbox?

That's the one .

I_AM_MEH

Jul 31, 2022
Take your gear box off and look at it.
You'll probably understand how the gear is on the shaft once ya got it off and on your workbench
Yeah I've had it off it's so close to being gone that I don't want to take it back apart till it snaps or I have a replacement cause it's my ride to work right now and I'm thinking ( probably overthinking ) if I do it won't last long when I put it back together .

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I concur with Jerry... Those gear boxes are the worst!! (but they're low cost).

If money's a problem?, here's a couple of complete replacements for ya... Figure out which one you need
Transmission for 4-Stroke | Gasbike.net
Transmission for GasBike Racer - Chain Drive | Gasbike.net

Gas Bike also has replacement parts (& better gear boxes) if look search around.

This is the transmission I prefer to use on those 49cc engines...
Ghost Racer 7g Transmission | Gasbike.net

eBay is another good place to look!! ;)

I_AM_MEH

Jul 31, 2022
I hate being the bearer of bad news but those transmissions are very low quality. Chances are it's going to plague you with problems.
Yeah that's the conclusion I came to I have a two stroke on the way plus five others in the pile I'm just too lazy to make one run so I ordered another . I really liked the four stroke though .

I_AM_MEH

Jul 31, 2022

If money's a problem?, here's a couple of complete replacements for ya... Figure out which one you need

Gas Bike also has replacement parts (& better gear boxes) if look search around.

Thanks I'm to untrusting to try ebay tho .

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Thanks I'm to untrusting to try ebay tho .
When I shop ebay I look at 'sellers other items' and see if it's just the one they have or if it's all they sell and related stuff and if in the description there's a phone # ... Message them with questions see what happens... It helps weed out the cons

Reactions: I_AM_MEH

Mossy

May 20, 2022

Nice but it's all sold out.... ;)

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I don't want to confuse anyone but... These are some gear boxes that I found... Not Shure if there any good or compatible... It seems all the good stuff is gone.

Attachments

Reactions: I_AM_MEH

I_AM_MEH

Jul 31, 2022
When I shop ebay I look at 'sellers other items' and see if it's just the one they have or if it's all they sell and related stuff and if in the description there's a phone # ... Message them with questions see what happens... It helps weed out the cons
Yeah I kinda did that with the dude at California motor bikes I think that's the name but I read the reviews and the vast majority where not favorable then looked at the BBB and nope I'll suffer first , but thanks for the advise its so much more appreciated than you all can even imagine for real ~ Lonnie

I_AM_MEH

Jul 31, 2022
I don't want to confuse anyone but... These are some gear boxes that I found... Not Shure if there any good or compatible... It seems all the good stuff is gone.
Thanks I'll take a closer look when I get home