Lost brass fuel mix screw from carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

DirtyBomb

Mar 7, 2019
ok so I just bought a 49cc 4 stroke, I was adjusting the carb and at some point the screw for the fuel mix fell out (the brass one at the front with the spring). I found a billion aftermarket fuel mix screws on ebay but dont know if they’ll fit or not. Its a ruixing carb, does anyone know where I can get a replacement screw or what other ones will work??

Reactions: fasteddy

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Welcome DB,
Ditch the stock carb, (junk anyway) and order a NT carb.
I just bought one my self. The stock jet is too small for our application.
You must buy or find someone who has a #69 - .029" drill bit.
Tom from Rubicon

Reactions: fasteddy

DirtyBomb

Mar 7, 2019
I was hoping to just figure out where to find another mix screw or what would fit, I cant really afford to buy another carburetor all together and the intake to put it on and all that. I can in a few weeks but in the meantime was really hoping someone could help me find another mix screw that would work

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Hi DB, You should get a box Friday tracking at www.informeddlivery.com
(9505 5130 0182 9071 2970 44)
Mind you the reason I replaced it was the engine was not running correctly. Could be I was to lazy to really analyze and correct the problem. I was already starting to build my Sportsman Flyer.
Don't let the nuts on the mounting bolt throw ya, just spare nuts to tie the group together.
For me? Ride your bike to a Old Folks Home and look for bright eyes. May be a life changer for you. I know I regret not heeding my Mothers request to visit retired Tool and Die Makers at the Nursing Home she worked at.
Hindsight, I may have learned something I didn't know.
Now I am a old Tool and Die Maker.
Send me a link to your non spinning sprocket thread.
Tom from Rubicon

DirtyBomb

Mar 7, 2019
Thats awesome, thanks Tom, your the greatest. Turns out it was a sheared woodruff key, went to the small engine repair place up the street, the just gave me one and I filed it down a bit to fit and viola worked like a charm. Till my chain detonated then I found out that who ever had before me was running a chain with like 5 master links. So the bike is officially back up and running. Just need that carb screw and a new chain which Im ordering tomorrow along with the first round of parts to build my own and build it right

DirtyBomb

Mar 7, 2019
Got photos DB? You got my curiosity up regarding the trans on your bike. Sheared woodruff key, well that is what they were designed to do.
Tom from Rubicon
Hey Tom, just got a message from the wifey that the carb turned up. Thanks so much again, that was so awesome of you. Im working out of town but I should get back tomorrow afternoon or evening and Ill be working on the bike, Ill make sure to send you pics of the tranny. I got that bike because it was for sale for $100 and it only had minor issues that needed attention, I wish I would have waited on a 2 cycle though. Im just not sure Im feeling the whole four stroke deal. I want the ability to build up the motor and have the extra power of a 2 cycle. I dont need to go super fast around town but it would be nice to know if I wanted to I could lol

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Hi DB,
Post Mistress said it would arrive Friday, glad it did.
Just don't be saying that dirty 2cycle word around me.:)
I have but two, a chainsaw and a 1903 Evinrude outboard engine.
When my 1973 Merc outboard died on my fishing boat,
I found out Homelite developed a 55hp 4 stroke back in 1966 and the engine was produced through 1972. One is on the transom now.
4strokes don't stink, and they don't load up and die on idle. Found that out the hard way when my Ultralite airplane.engine stopped at 2000ft
The folks on this forum do love their forumites posting photo's.
Looking forward to you up and running.
Saw a chipmunk today,Spring is springing.
Tom.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
DSCN0810.JPG
DB said, " Im just not sure Im feeling the whole four stroke deal. I want the ability to build up the motor and have the extra power"
49cc engines, both forums refer to gokart engine mods. Mostly decking the head by at least 1mm for increased compression.
Did a Google Map so I know you are not a flatlander, neither am I.
I think a predator 79cc is where you want to go. I did.

DirtyBomb

Mar 7, 2019
View attachment 100411 DB said, " Im just not sure Im feeling the whole four stroke deal. I want the ability to build up the motor and have the extra power"
49cc engines, both forums refer to gokart engine mods. Mostly decking the head by at least 1mm for increased compression.
Well now, you got me thinking with the whole Predator thing. Ideally I want two bikes, one like I have now thats all sensible, tame, and just easy going so the wifey or the kids can putt around too if they like, then I want another bike that is just completely unnecessary and total overkill for me to play with. Something where I can putt through town at 20mph and not be noticed but the get outside of town and have the power to amuse myself. Like I said I dont plan on riding a 45 mph but want something capable of it for those times that common sense decides to leap out the window. By the way, that bike in the picture is insanely gorgeous. What frames do you use to make those board racer replicas and stuff out of? Are those custom fabricated frames?

DirtyBomb

Mar 7, 2019
View attachment 100411 DB said, " Im just not sure Im feeling the whole four stroke deal. I want the ability to build up the motor and have the extra power"
So what you are aaying is basically any power mods that are being done on the 49cc go kart engine forums can be carried over and applied to our motors?

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
So what you are aaying is basically any power mods that are being done on the 49cc go kart engine forums can be carried over and applied to our motors?
Pretty much yes DB, the only negative I am aware of was a cam change wasn't worth the cost. But porting and polishing intake and exhaust, NT carburetor, decking the head for higher compression. I'm sure you know more about that from the kart forums.
Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Well now, you got me thinking with the whole Predator thing. Ideally I want two bikes, one like I have now thats all sensible, tame, and just easy going so the wifey or the kids can putt around too if they like, then I want another bike that is just completely unnecessary and total overkill for me to play with. Something where I can putt through town at 20mph and not be noticed but the get outside of town and have the power to amuse myself. Like I said I dont plan on riding a 45 mph but want something capable of it for those times that common sense decides to leap out the window. By the way, that bike in the picture is insanely gorgeous. What frames do you use to make those board racer replicas and stuff out of? Are those custom fabricated frames?
DB, you have to spend some serious coin on wheels to carry speed safely. I can easily go 40 on the flat and I am thinking of upgrading my wheels hubs and brakes.
The photo is my Sportsman Flyer 80.
https://sportsmanflyer.com/shop/motorized-bicycles/sportsman-80/
Sold as kits or completely built ready to run. I live relatively close to MBrebel and purchased the Worksman frame from her. Then I screwed around most of 2 1/2 years completing it. It uses a Harbor Freight 79cc engine which alot of people stuff into cruiser frames. Living in hilly country like I do, I saw a need for more hp.
Tom