Looking for Wheels

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
Ok I was going to go with the HD 150mm wheels from Bicycle-Engines where I bought my frame from. Its a Grubee Skyhawk GT2S frame with 150mm dropout. Well I am going to go with a shift kit so I dont need a wheel with a hub mounted drive cog for the engine. Like wise these wheels are freewheel based and the other forum I am on has me being told to avoid freewheel and to go freehub as they are stronger and freewheel based is weak and would fail under pedal power.

My problem is I cant find any wheel really for a 150mm drop out based frame that is a spoke wheel. I looked at Husky Bicycles and found one but it doesn't appear to be set up for disc brakes and its a 1.5" wide wheel where I had my plans set on a CST Cruiser tire that is 2.125" wide.

I looked all night last night and most of my morning today at work and now I am here asking if anyone knows where one can find a 26" wheel that is freehub based capable of running a 7 speed cassette and set up for disc brakes. Would also have to fit a 26x2.125" tire.

I am at a loss cause I cant find anything reasonable and I was told to just buy a hub and rim and have a local shop assemble it. I cant justify spending $300-$500 for a 150mm freehub hub when I could just say screw it and buy the HD freewheel based wheels for under $150.

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
Well seems like I have a solution.

https://mbrebel.com/product/front-d...ome-rim-38mm-wide-kt-coaster-brake-wheel-set/

Can buy the above wheel set for $115. Then go and buy a 61mm single speed Grubee Hub and 44T Grubee drive sprocket for $55. Only thing to do then is find a local bicycle shop that can swap the hubs for me and I am good to go. Just have to wait till I hear back from Grubee on what gauge spokes does his 61mm hub accept. Hopefully its 12ga cause I know they are both 36 spoke hubs.