Looking for a long pipe

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I've been using my cruiser to commute to work for a week now and I'm getting tired of having to wear my old nasty yard work shoes. So what is available by way of extended mufflers? The only one I've found so far is from Power King on Ebay. I am just looking to move the exhaust to somewhere behind me. The quieter the better. Thanks all!

hill climber

Sep 11, 2008
paso robles, california
ride it down to your local muffler shop and for a resonable price im sure the guys there would be happy to work on you mb. something differnt for them, there gear heads to just like all of us or we wouldnt build mb's. i bet $20 would get it done, cheaper than your going to get a new exhaust for. if you have rim brakes on the rear its wise to get the exhaust back behind the wheel so oil doesnt get on the rim. HEY!! DO A WHEELIE! hill climber

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Right on!

Or look around (tractor supply co.) and find some steel flex pipe and make an extension between the header pipe and the muffler. Make it just long enough, and add a small "stinger" to the end of the muffler.

These kits come with a VERY SHORT PIPE.

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Right on!

Or look around (tractor supply co.) and find some steel flex pipe and make an extension between the header pipe and the muffler. Make it just long enough, and add a small "stinger" to the end of the muffler.

These kits come with a VERY SHORT PIPE.
Good info, what's a "stinger"...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
In the case of these engines, a stinger would just move the final exit of the exhaust back a few more inches. When building a tuned pipe, it length and placement are a little more critical.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Well, Tractor Supply Co. doesn't have any outlets in AZ and welding/brazing is not on my list of abilities so I think I am stuck looking for a pre made pipe. Thanks for the ideas though!