K&S Bike Machine Motor

GoldenMotor.com

Ratbikeman

Dec 12, 2017
Hello All,
Not sure if anyone has any knowledge or expirence with the 1970’s K&S Bike Machine motor that bolted on to the rear wheel of a bicycle. I used mine for about a year and now it does not want to run for me. It seems like it is not getting any spark. The points and condenser seem ok just wondering if something is wrong with the magneto. Also there is markings on motor that Kawasaki made parts of it.

Thanks so much

Reactions: Dan

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I have one, not run it for a couple years. Best friction drive motor, out board bearing and centrifugal clutch. Make sure the points are clean, and set at 20 thow

Just about every old Popular Mechanics mag. had a add in it..........Curt

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Ratbikeman

Dec 12, 2017
Thanks Dan,Curt
For your input and advice on my K&S Bike Machine motor. I will check the points tonight.
Kelly

Degoragon

Apr 7, 2019
Kawasaki? Huh, I had one briefly at one point, and it had a 31CC Mitsubishi engine. I guess they used different engines for different years. Anyways, points are common for pitting, even if it looks clean, a close inspection may show pitting. I had that happen on a Kawasaki KV75 I had. As far as Magneto, if nothing else, inspect it and the flywheel for rust. Points are much more likely to fail though than the magneto.

Paul Land

Mar 30, 2022
I did that on a weed eater sure fixed the point problem fast.
Yup! I do vintage chainsaws some have points Lobe on fly wheel instead of crank shaft you either have to chop up spare fly wheel to use it as a lobed point tool or buy IGNITION BEAKER POINTS tool there not cheap