Is there a Speed carburetor that fits the 100cc

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
So my 100cc is just done with break-in. But it's running a bit rich because there's used oil dripping out of the expansion chamber on it. Even with the needle in the carburetor at 2nd to top notch is still rich. I think the carburetor being a bit smaller isn't giving it the optimal gas/oil mix. The last carburetor I bought for the 100cc was a POS. Leaked fuel and made the motor run lean. Can someone recommend some good ones that I can run without a reed on it? Maybe a few links? Thanks!

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Unfortunately the NT and HP are the only carburetors that work well on these motors without having it reeded.

There may be someone out there who has successfully crossed that bridge but I've yet to see it.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Have you tried messing with the jets? I live in Sacramento California it's just about sea level and I know that dropping my carburetor jet one size did a tremendous job helping it and even further with a velocity stack if you live in a non dusty non dirty area.

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
I live in north California and it's generally flat roads around here. I believe it has a 65 jet in it now. The pipe I'm using is a MZ65 clone. The temperatures here range from the low 70's to low 90's. What might be a good starting point for messing with the jets for this type of area?

Here is one the the carburetors I was thinking about. I'll still mess with the jetting some, but what do you guys think of this one if I do end up buying it. Are these any good?

Reactions: Wevil Kenevil

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Twas the same when the "80" came out. The carbs were all still built for 50cc, not 66. Everyone was bogging down at speed- the billet intake solved a lot of it, but the NT Speed carb finally came along and ended the problem. Not sure they haven't watered that down a bit- the float bowl looks smaller again to me- I've gone mostly electric, so I don't know! Why are you bothering me? Jeez...

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
If it still rich with the clip second from the top put it on the top. I have tried most every type of carburetor and pretty much they are all the same. There seems to be more differences between like carcass than there is between different types.

Reactions: Wevil Kenevil