Is it worth it? Need some expert advice

GoldenMotor.com

Socks

Jun 25, 2019
I bought a cheap motorized Nel Lusso a few weeks ago, and have enjoyed the heck out of it. I am now looking to build one myself here soon. I'm willing to invest a fair amount of money into this project but I also don't want to waste it either, which is what has brought me here.

My plan is to get the Micargi Stretch Beach Cruiser GTS https://www.bikesxpress.com/Micargi-Puma-GTS-Chopper-Beach-Cruiser-Bicycle-26_p_75.html , replace the stock tires with 26x4s, and install this motor kit. https://www.gasbike.net/products/thunder-shark-pro-racing-66cc-80cc-bicycle-engine-kit-5-0-hp

I'm pretty set on sticking with a 2-stroke, though I am willing to listen to counter arguments. My main concern here is the motor kit. From my limited knowledge on the subject, it looks and seems like a good kit, pricey, but quality nonetheless. If I'm wrong though, please tell me.

I'll be using this bike mainly for road travel as I live around a small city and plan on making it my work vehicle. The area is a bit hilly, though not too bad, and I only weigh around 160. The bike I have now I believe is a 40cc and while it slows down some on hills, it otherwise works just fine. I am looking to get a bit more speed though and a better quality engine as my work commune is a 20 mile round trip and is currently taking me about 40 minutes each way. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The Puma is a great looking bike, but you might consider the Micargi Falcon. I have seen a few of them with China girl engines and they were able to use the stock chain & motor mounts.

I am no expert, so gather more opinions.

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
Gasbike engines tend to under perform. I would go with a zeda80 or try the new zeda100

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Maybe I shouldn't say anything because I have never personally purchased anything from gasbike.net I once sent them an e-mail asking about one of their products before purchasing it but didn't get any answer. It's just that I have read some pretty bad stories about people who tried to do biz with them. It seems that if you purchase anything from Gasbike, make sure you read the return policy, which is pretty much, no returns! Also, I hear they don't have any customer service. If you buy from them it's pretty much, you get what you get and that's it. If it's broken, you will have to fix it yourself. I don't mean to bad mouth any of the sponsors for this forum but I just wanted to let you know what I have read about them.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I may be the only guy that's ordered stuff from Gas Bikes that will give them props. but I've been well pleased with numerous purchases from them. It's not that I don't believe what many have stated, but typically we only express the negative experiences we encounter and seldom the positive. I suppose we all feel so entitled to great service, price and product that we cry foul publicly when things go wrong.

I use Paypal for all transactions and get my $ back on any screwing's, which have been very few.

Still having fun ordering parts and messing with bikes & just mostly getting along with most, though not all!

Rick C.