Is it ok to ride the clutch?

GoldenMotor.com

Datboi

Nov 12, 2020
So i mostly use my 2 stroke 80cc off road on the hills etc. Often the engine lacks power uphill or to pull from a dead stop uphill and stalls.

With the clutch slithly pulled in (riding the clutch) i manage to get up, how fast does this wear the clutch out? Is it something I can do without exaggerating or should it be avoided completely?

Also what modifications can I do to have more climbing power when I ride in rough terrain and hills?

I couldn't care less about speed as long as I can do 30km/h I need acceleration and torque

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You need a bigger rear sprocket, lowers the ratio, but gives more climbing power, what size do you have now? Also have you been pedaling to help?......Curt

Datboi

Nov 12, 2020
You need a bigger rear sprocket, lowers the ratio, but gives more climbing power, what size do you have now? Also have you been pedaling to help?......Curt
I do pedal to help but I would rather not, its really hard to pedal. When you're driving over a hill over rocks and gravel without suspensions...

I have the standard rear sprocket

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Need the teeth count, but sure you will have to get a bigger one, or your clutch won't last long...........Curt

Corson1183

Apr 5, 2021
Norridgewock, ME
I do pedal to help but I would rather not, its really hard to pedal. When you're driving over a hill over rocks and gravel without suspensions...

I have the standard rear sprocket
I believe the standard sprocket size is 44 tooth, I suggest getting a 56 tooth with a hub mount so u don't warp ur rim and if u lower your tire psi about 10 pounds it should ride a little smoother over rocks and gravel.