Initial start up.

GoldenMotor.com

Dick Wreckless

Mar 11, 2021
Hey guys it is a good idea to take the top of the cylinder off and check the inside of the cylinder for debris. I bought an anbull 80cc and I kept having this nagging feeling that I should check it and I did and I'm lucky that I did because there was all sorts of metal shavings in it from them either tapping the spark plug hole or cleaning it up. Check my photos . Before clean out. I used duct tape turned inside out on itself to remove the particles.

it's a new motor it should not hurt the gaskets at all to remove all of the cover plates and inspect the magneto area the crank area and clutch. I also found clutch Pad debris in the the clutch compartment. it's a good idea to just go over the whole engine entirely and check everything.

Attachments

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Besides the head ya should take the Cyl off too Clean up the ports and check the piston wrist pin clips. The worst thing that can happen to a new engine is Wrist pin clip popping off or breaking. It will ruin the cyl and piston. Most upgrade the wrist pin clips.

Check the ends of the wrist pin if it's sharp file it smooth, The shard edges will slice through the little clip tab and that's all it takes to ruin an engine

These China 2 strokes are known to have weak wrist pin clips Many have had their cy and piston destroyed because of this.

Guy's who know tear down and inspect the entire engine making any modifications as necessary.

Pistons come installed backwards too

Last edited:

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
there was all sorts of metal shavings in it from them either tapping the spark plug hole or cleaning it up. Check my photos . Before clean out. I used duct tape turned inside out on itself to remove the particles.
BTW the S/P hole is drilled and tapped while the head is off the engine
any metal filings ya found on top of the piston probably came from dirty factory conditions while they were slapping the engine together

Instead of duct tape use a vacuum

Reactions: wan37

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I didn’t pull the clutch side cover on my latest engine . I’m glad after first start I heard noise I shut it down quickly. To find the nut on big pad wheel lose and little gear on crooked.

Dick Wreckless

Mar 11, 2021
Besides the head ya should take the Cyl off too Clean up the ports and check the piston wrist pin clips. The worst thing that can happen to a new engine is Wrist pin clip popping off or breaking. It will ruin the cyl and piston. Most upgrade the wrist pin clips.

Check the ends of the wrist pin if it's sharp file it smooth, The shard edges will slice through the little clip tab and that's all it takes to ruin an engine

These China 2 strokes are known to have weak wrist pin clips Many have had their cy and piston destroyed because of this.

Guy's who know tear down and inspect the entire engine making any modifications as necessary.

Pistons come installed backwards too
Thanks big guy!