Indian wanna be

GoldenMotor.com

Tanner

Jun 3, 2019
Hello everyone, new member here. What got me hot on motorized bikes was my love of antique motorcycles. I'm a huge fan of the 1912 Indian single, and the resemblance to a beach cruiser with a 4 stroke kit is uncanny. I would love to build something similar to a Sportsman Flyer 160, but on a budget. Open to suggestions on what frames would be most similar and easily modified to make it look like this. I'm very handy with lots of small engine experience, I actually do small engine repair out of my garage. So something that requires a bit of wrenching is no problem. I was also looking at the Phatmoto bikes (for around $700) if I stripped off the engine plastics and re-painted the bike Indian red, that would be pretty close to what I'm going for and a lot less work. I'm new to the motorized bike world and would love some advice.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
This never got answers, surprised, old beach cruiser frame would be your best bet, have it stretched about 4or 5” . My build I am using a old Lawson 4 stroke. Your best bet is to read through DIY builds, a lot of really nice home builds and replaces built in the past...........Curt.