In Texas, first build, trying to solve issues.

GoldenMotor.com

Backwoods1989

Nov 10, 2021
Hi all, this is my first bike. It's an anbull 66cc. So far I've upgraded a few things. DONSP1986 cylinder head, copper gasket, JRL top bearing which solve pretty much all of my vibration issues. Its clearly about 2mm wider and eliminated all that play from the stock bearing. I have decked the cylinder to achieve a squish clearance of 0.030 with the gasket. It's very close. Tightening the squish gave a cleaner burn. As indicated on the piston. The air will only flow as fast as the smallest point in the line will allow. Big ports do nothing if they have a small inlet. My main goal is getting the cleanest burn, not the most power, though power comes as a benefit of a great machine. Thus far I have found that the most unreliable or weak spot is the drive train or mainly the hub connection and dealing with spokes breaking. It's a learning process. I have always wanted an engine on my bike, now I have a childhood dream that has come true. I did also buy a jet kit and rejetting it has been frustrating. I'm at a 58 and still running rich.

Attachments

Reactions: Thomasp

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, I have a similar pipe on one of my bikes, I welded on a stock muffler as a silencer. It’s much quieter and still gives a performance advantage, my neighbors are probably happy too.

Thomasp

Dec 15, 2021
Hi all, this is my first bike. It's an anbull 66cc. So far I've upgraded a few things. DONSP1986 cylinder head, copper gasket, JRL top bearing which solve pretty much all of my vibration issues. Its clearly about 2mm wider and eliminated all that play from the stock bearing. I have decked the cylinder to achieve a squish clearance of 0.030 with the gasket. It's very close. Tightening the squish gave a cleaner burn. As indicated on the piston. The air will only flow as fast as the smallest point in the line will allow. Big ports do nothing if they have a small inlet. My main goal is getting the cleanest burn, not the most power, though power comes as a benefit of a great machine. Thus far I have found that the most unreliable or weak spot is the drive train or mainly the hub connection and dealing with spokes breaking. It's a learning process. I have always wanted an engine on my bike, now I have a childhood dream that has come true. I did also buy a jet kit and rejetting it has been frustrating. I'm at a 58 and still running rich.
Do you know much about anbull engines? Mine is supposed to be 100 cc. But nowhere can I find an indicator. Is measuring the bore the only way to know for sure? I'm going share a pic of my engine with you. Good looking bike btw