Improvised windshield

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This is what I call a winter project. I hate riding in the cold so I started thinking a windshield sounds nice. I looked, but I couldn't find anything I liked for sale, so it looks like building it from scratch is necessary. Lucky me, I found a 1000 Ninja takeoff windshield under my work bench that's been there about 10years. It was very easy to install. When riding I feel cold air above my shoulders buffeting my head, but at high speed the air gets a lot smoother, and the buffeting stops. Between my hips, and shoulders there's no wind at all, so my body core stays warmer for a lot longer.
20220123_183701.jpg
20220123_161136.jpg

Total parts list

2 conduit clamps
2 bolts
2 locknuts
2 spacers
4 washers
1 wire ty

Reactions: wrench

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have seen motorbikers install those universal mount windshields. They don't look near as good as a Ninja windshield.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I have seen motorbikers install those universal mount windshields. They don't look near as good as a Ninja windshield.
I'm not really a windshield kind of guy, but after seeing how well that ninja shield goes with the lines of my bike I decided I can live with it for a few weeks if it keeps me from freezing my tookus off.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I removed the windshield not long after the last post because I found it was partially uncloaking my bike. Enough that I started attracting unwanted attention from authorities. I caught the attention of a university cop who demanded to know what I was riding. I could tell he couldn't really see much except the top of the wndshield, so I told him it's an eBike. He looked like he was suspicious of my answer, but drove away without doing anything.

Reactions: fasteddy