Improved throttle recommendations

GoldenMotor.com

Alex Reiner

Apr 22, 2019
I just finished my first motorized bike. I have ordered a hubcentric sprocket mount and spring-loaded chain tensioner, as I don't like either of the stock parts, for obvious reasons. I was also hoping to get a better throttle/kill switch control unit. Can anyone recommend any that are better quality and feel smoother than the stock plastic part?

On a related note, the coaster brake isn't going to cut it for me, and so I'd like to install a hand brake. Are any of the throttle/kill switch/brake lever combo units any good?

Here's my new bike
bike.jpg

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Your fuel filter is on backwards.
Remove whatever that foam looking material is from under your front and back motor mount.
That will make your motor vibrate more and break the studs when it moves around.
Bolt the mounts metal to metal with no gaps.
If you need to fill a gap use a hard plastic like abs or pvc or aluminum as a shim.

Install a Front brake.
I like your pipe brace, that will reduce your motor vibration.

Alex Reiner

Apr 22, 2019
Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely do that. And good catch on my fuel filter.

The pipe brace is just some metal strapping but it turned out well and its easy to work with.

Willis617

Jul 20, 2018
Shortening your throttle cable, and your other cables, will contribute to fewer bends and less resistance and would help to smooth out the feel of any throttle you go with, even the stock one

Willis617

Jul 20, 2018
Also, a thin layer of grease on the handle bar, under the throttle tube only, will help.

Only in the area of the throttle tube, no grease under the throttle housing.