I'm new to all this

GoldenMotor.com

Donstl

Oct 7, 2009
St Louis
When I say I'm new to all this, I mean I really am new to everything here including using a forum. About six months ago I got my first DUI; pretty much the "kiss of death" for a truck driver. My license is now suspended and I can no longer afford to keep my car. I have a nice racing bike, but have not been interested in riding it since my heart attack three years ago. Perhaps a retro-fit with a motor will be a good solution. Hence, why I found this forum. Since money is tight, cost is a consideration. However, I do not want to end up with a piece of junk. Electric looks good but gas is much cheaper. Two stroke, four stroke, 49cc, 80 cc, miles per charge, speed, peddle assist, 1 amp motor, 3 amp motor, brands I've never heard of before, and I am overwhelmed. Really, I could use some friendly advise, if anyone has a little wisdom for me, I'd appreciate it.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
first off check the laws regarding driving under suspension, here in colorado a motorized bike is considered a motorized vehicle and if you are caught on it the penalties are quite severe ie driving under suspension, and i mean severe! as for your other questions just explore the sight. im sure all your questions will be answered. and welcome amigo. take care and good luck. frank

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Welcome to the bike forum.There are lots of people here that offer lots of help.I'm very glad I joined because I learned the importance of new gaskets on small motors and how to make throttle cable ends- very useful and valuable info.I'm sure you will find what you're looking for. P.S. Sorry to hear about your dui,things should okay when you get your license back.