IDing spark plug

GoldenMotor.com

Brass Mann

May 15, 2023
I made another thread a while ago asking for solutions on a no-spark (never ran) on my first (and to date only) build using the following kit from Amazon, which can be found here - it focused on the electrical connections.
I'm getting rather exasperated with this bike and it's general refusal to run, and am trying to acquire a new spark plug. Should I contact the manufacturer to obtain a new plug under the warranty, or are they easy to find?

I've included a picture to help identify. There's no other information written on the plug besides the "E6TC" visible in the picture.

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I made another thread a while ago asking for solutions on a no-spark (never ran) on my first (and to date only) build using the following kit from Amazon, which can be found here - it focused on the electrical connections.
I'm getting rather exasperated with this bike and it's general refusal to run, and am trying to acquire a new spark plug. Should I contact the manufacturer to obtain a new plug under the warranty, or are they easy to find?

I've included a picture to help identify. There's no other information written on the plug besides the "E6TC" visible in the picture.
it’s probably not the plug. A fouled plug is not a worn plug.

Mossy

May 20, 2022

Ngk BR6HS gap to .028 the kit plug is garbage.. the part # 3922

Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Ya cut the guy a little slack Tony. He is 17 and not dry behind the ears.

Brass Mann. a very cheap fix may be replacing the CDI. My neighbor bought a Two Stink bike and very shortly it refused to run. Chris came down with a long face to tell me about it. He got a new CDI and has been running great ever since. Try it.

Tom

• Haha
Reactions: Mossy

Brass Mann

May 15, 2023
Ya cut the guy a little slack Tony. He is 17 and not dry behind the ears.

Brass Mann. a very cheap fix may be replacing the CDI. My neighbor bought a Two Stink bike and very shortly it refused to run. Chris came down with a long face to tell me about it. He got a new CDI and has been running great ever since. Try it.

Tom
Should I get this CDI from a specific supplier or contact the manufacturer to receive an identical one under warranty?

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Should I get this CDI from a specific supplier or contact the manufacturer to receive an identical one under warranty?
CDH power has a decent set or you can wait for the DLH best of the best to come back in stock...

Attachments

Reactions: Brass Mann

Testname111

May 20, 2021
Dude get any spark plug with the same thread length!!! I used iridium spark plugs and champion (lawnmower plugs) all day!

Testname111

May 20, 2021
Bikeberry Super magneto

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Reading the plug will get you to the proper plug... I sudgest a 6 but if you're in summer a 7 in ngk is a little colder the oil ratio and how rich or lean the air fuel ratio is and how you ride can effect it if you're putting around or full throttle effects it also.. the point is use the posts on here as a guide but it's going to be your specific engine and these other factors that will help you dial in the plug and jets that your eventually going to find work best... If you start out rich and cold you won't damage your engine and as it breaks in they will lean out a bit as it's making more power after the first few gallons...

Attachments

Reactions: Testname111

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Spark Plugs that cross over to the 66/80cc happy time motors...
Accel - 0453
AC Delco - R44F
Autolite - 4123, 425, 275, 4093, XS4093
Beru - 14R-7BU
Bosch - W6AC WR6BC+, WR7BC+
Champion - L82YC, RL82YC, L86C
Daytona Maxfire - 61490
Denso - W20FPR-U, IWF20
E3 - E3.32
Eyquem - 775SX
Motorcraft - AER32
NGK - B6HS, B7HS, BP6HS, BP7HS, BPR6HS, BPR7HS, BPR6HIX, BPR7HIX
SplitFire - SF265F, SF412C <--- both discontinued - Shucks!!
Torch - E6TC, E6RTC

Also, for those of you who are looking for a "shorty" plug for a tight fitting engine, I managed to find some 3/8" reach plugs that will fit just fine in the stock heads that came with 1/2" reach plugs.

Autolite - 2974, XST2974, 254, XST254 ( The 254 has a solid terminal bud that won't work with the stock cap, if this is a problem, use the 2974 which has a threaded terminal bud. )
NGK - BM7