I need help ASAP, first time builder needs some advice please and thank you.

GoldenMotor.com
Feb 8, 2021
I really need help with this. I am a first time builder and the rear sprocket that came with my 2 stroke 80cc motor will not fit my 26" huffy Cranbrook beach cruiser, the reason being there is not enough space for everything to fit in back tire due to there is barely any hub sticking out. What do I do, I want to use an adapter butt I don't know the correct size adapter to use...,, Which one would be best?- 1" or 1.5" adapter?
Also the center hole in the sprocket is to small to fit over the dust cover under the coaster brake. I'm pretty positive the hole size on the sprocket is 38mm, what can I do to make that fit?? I need help ASAP. Please and thank you!

May 22, 2020
For the rag joint the kits come with, there should be enough room, I'm pretty sure there is a thread here for how to mount a sprocket with a coaster brake, might have to bend the dust cover. You would have to determine the size of the axle for an adapter, either a caliper or even checking posts here. The adapter needs to be the right size or it won't work.

Feb 8, 2021
Now with the adapter I don't have to use those other pieces that the kit Congress with right? Like the circle spacers with the 9 holes in it? I think it would be best to just buy an adapter I think IDK

May 22, 2020
Correct, you won't need the rubber circle or the 9 hole brackets. However, you will probably need a different sprocket, with the 3 holes for the adapter to work, so keep that in mind.

Feb 8, 2021
So should I buy a sprocket with a little bit bigger hole in the center as well. Or could I just make my hole bigger on mine and drill the 3 holes for the adapter?

May 22, 2020
I think the center of most sprockets is the same, at least in my experience. You could drill your own holes, if you have the tools/experience. I also used buying the adapter as a chance to get a smaller sprocket, which worked out for me. I feel like the adapter is a better choice as the spokes don't get strained, just more expensive.