I`m new and already having a problem

GoldenMotor.com

Risestar

Oct 2, 2021
I built my first bike last week, I followed all the directions and watched youtube videos for extra tips. To be honest, I was surprised when it actually started! I used the Anbull bt 80 kit and found it pretty easy to put together the only mod I did was to put a 36T sprocket on.
When I took it for it`s first ride it didn`t seem to go as fast as I thought it should, it seemed to go about half speed. I filled the crankcase with oil, but there was still a lot of oil left in the bottle that I measured out making me think there may not be as much oil as I originally thought.
The question is this....would not having a full crankcase with oil cause it to run half speed? or is there another problem?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Follow the instructions exactly!!! do not over fill anything!!!

2- stroke engines don't have oil in the crank case... yours probably has oil in the clutch case... fill it according to the instructions

The only thing you should do differently is use 32:1 oil mix (instead of 20:1 as recommended).
32:1 is about 3.5 oz of oil mixed in 1 gallon of gasoline.

Risestar

Oct 2, 2021
Thank You, you are correct, I meant clutch case. Thanks for the oil mix ratio I will do that!
Turns out I didn`t have enough oil in the clutch case, I only had about 1/4 the amount because the bike wasn`t level when I laid it on it`s side to fill it.

Reactions: Forbidden Tuna