HuaSheng 49cc runs rough

GoldenMotor.com

Garage Rat

Dec 18, 2017
New kit (Ghost Rider from Kings), motor starts and idles fine, runs ok at 1/4 throttle on level ground (part load), but cuts out and lugs and chugs when asking for power above 1/4 throttle. Seems like it could be a high idle setting issue, but I can't see any adjustment screws on the carb. I did drain the bowl by opening the drain screw, now after closing the drain screw the overflow tube on the top of the carb flows out gas non stop. Things not getting better......, anyway any suggests would be appreciated, searched the forum, but didn't see what I thought would help. Calling Kings is waste of time, on hold forever.

Thanks,
Bob

Garage Rat

Dec 18, 2017
Sounds like debris between the needle and seat, kit tanks are notorious for loose matter in them.
Thanks Greg,
I took this insight and pulled the carburetor, removed the bowl and washed our the needle and seat. That fixed the leaking issue. What I think was running rough was the belt jumping a cogs and especially under load, don't think I ruined the belt, but I tighten it up and played getting it to a point where I can push the bike and not have the back tire sliding on the garage floor, then darkness stopped further testing to see if its tight enough to stop the belt from slipping a cog.

If I was in need of adjusting the fuel air mixture, this cab does not have an adjustable needle valve. It's fixed and what was and should be an adjustment screw is a plug or at least what looks like a plug with a needle on the end that sticks into the throat. I seen similar ones on weed eaters, but those just required busting off a locking tab or I've even cut a slot in the end of one so I could turn it with a screw driver, as these thing age you always need to make adjustments. So I hope it just runs now and I'll look for a better carb.

If anyone has seen these new or redesigned carbs without a air/fuel adjustment I'd like to know, not a big fan.

Thanks Much,
Bob

Garage Rat

Dec 18, 2017
Well the idea the belt was slipping was totally wrong. It's clearly the engine that is not getting the correct fuel mixture. Cuts out under the smallest of loads. Run's almost ok when the back wheel is off the ground, but you can see it sputter a little at high idle with no load other than spinning the tire and chain works. With no adjustment screw for air/fuel mixture adjustment this is a bust. No one from gasbike support will return a call or respond in anyway. Called sales and they put be on hold forever and called back and someone picked up and they said Tech Support would call me back, no one called. Only thing left to do is call PayPal and file a complaint and get my money back.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Sorry you're having trouble, the only thing I can think of is trying a different spark plug, sometime you get a bad one.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Simple fix.
Drill the plug out to expose the mixture screw.
The idle jet may need cleaning too.
If I was in need of adjusting the fuel air mixture, this cab does not have an adjustable needle valve. It's fixed and what was and should be an adjustment screw is a plug or at least what looks like a plug with a needle on the end that sticks into the throat. I seen similar ones on weed eaters, but those just required busting off a locking tab or I've even cut a slot in the end of one so I could turn it with a screw driver, as these thing age you always need to make adjustments. So I hope it just runs now and I'll look for a better carb.

If anyone has seen these new or redesigned carbs without a air/fuel adjustment I'd like to know, not a big fan.

Thanks Much,
Bob

Reactions: Greg58

Garage Rat

Dec 18, 2017
Thanks to you both,

Plug looks good, but a simple possible fix and worth looking doing.

I've been looking at the carb plug thinking there must be a screw sitting behind it. I can't see debris, but could be partially plugged. I've thinking of returning the whole kit, but I'd be better off getting it working as it's gift and I don't want to start over. If I start drilling out plugs then I pot committed on this thing I think. If the spark plug is good then all I can think of is a bad air/fuel mixture???

Thanks,

Bob