HT engine on a moped frame?

GoldenMotor.com

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
Hi everyone. Its been several years since I've been around. A few years back I traded my MB for a non running chineese scooter that I got running easily and enjoy riding. I liked my MB but I hated how it looked and that ruined it for me.
I'm goofy looking enough. I don't need any help from the Chineese.
Anyhoo, I'm looking for a spring project and I see a guy has a moped frame and wheels for sale on CL. https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/d/sachs-moped-for-parts/6458591850.html
I thought to myself "self, I think I found your latest money pit"
What if I stuck a happy time engine in this thing? Stay with me.... I obviously would not mount it on the original mounts because the stock engine was a whole different beast. But what if I mounted it bicycle style, welded a top bar and made it a top tank? It already has a sprocket and drum brakes and the wheels were built to handle 30mph. Has anyone done this before? Just wondering. Thanks

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
i did some research and I found that it shouldn't be done with this frame because it has a foot brake not a drum brake in the rear. The guy selling the frame will also sell me a sachs 505 d engine for less than a good ht engine,
I'll still have the fun of converting it to a top tank and gathering the other parts needed to make it (somewhat) stock but as a bonus I will have the fun of getting insulted by hipsters on Mopedarmy.com for being an askhole.