HT Bicycle Engine Kit Mods?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Re: hT KIT MODS?

They are crude, piston ported two strokes, hot rodding them like they did in the 50's applies.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Well, A good plug wire help the chinbna engines a lot, and so does opening up the intake/cleaning the ports up, as long as you adjust the mixture accordingly.

They don't have a flywheel to be lightened so to speak, and I don't have an knowledge of the stalker exhaust, so I can't comment on that.

I will say these engines respond to all the regular basic hot rodding tricks.

Reliability goes down as power goes up.

pedalpower

Aug 5, 2008

well, I got bored ( I hate that). walked around Home Depot until I saw an empty quart can and thought:

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

so: (^) or rotfl

just trying to get a little more airflow, without doing a boost bottle.

jon

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO

Well, A good plug wire help the chinbna engines a lot, and so does opening up the intake/cleaning the ports up, as long as you adjust the mixture accordingly.

They don't have a flywheel to be lightened so to speak, and I don't have an knowledge of the stalker exhaust, so I can't comment on that.

I will say these engines respond to all the regular basic hot rodding tricks.

Reliability goes down as power goes up.
So.... dealing with a numb skull like me, I'm cleaning up the intake manifold that I have, HOW or what setting would I want to put the clip at?

pedalpower

Aug 5, 2008

So.... dealing with a numb skull like me, I'm cleaning up the intake manifold that I have, HOW or what setting would I want to put the clip at?
how are you cleaning up the intake manifold. I've read that the interior should remain alittle rough for atomization.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO

how are you cleaning up the intake manifold. I've read that the interior should remain alittle rough for atomization.
On the steel manifold I have, the weld was about 1/8" off. So I'm cleaning that up. If you stuck your finger in, the one side you could feel the metal protruding I've just ground that off. I have the older style cast manifold on the bike currently. I hope that makes sense.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Cleaning up the intake will not likely need a clip adjustment unless accompanied by an mod to the air filter cover.

You may see slightly higher revs, or a little better pull in the mid to upper end of the rpm range.