How-tos and new site features

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
My bad here! It was set at a 1MB cap. I must have reset it to default when fooling with settings.

Now the setting is 10MB pic cap and 10 pics per post cap. Try this again. Also, let me know if those limits seem unreasonable.
I am happy, you will see more of my post for sure with pictures. Thanks again.

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
Ever since the update I've been getting a *the site can't be reached" error on my computer it says error connection refused. My phone as well it seems my wifi ip address been blocked/banned? I just disconnected my phone from wifi and used cell data and works but as soon as I use my wifi it disconnects me any way I can fix this?

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sorry Buddy. Eric is working on it. Thanks for hanging in there.

(And not sending me angry emails an insulting Mom. hehe)

Wish I could help Eric more. He has been on this for a lot of hrs pretty much st8.

But again, sorry for the delay.

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Ever since the update I've been getting a *the site can't be reached" error on my computer it says error connection refused. My phone as well it seems my wifi ip address been blocked/banned? I just disconnected my phone from wifi and used cell data and works but as soon as I use my wifi it disconnects me any way I can fix this?
Can you send me your ip when on wifi? Just visit here if you don't know how to find it https://www.whatismyip.com/

Also, try using the secure url directly like this https://motorbicycling.com/

Have you tried another browser, or clearing your cache and cookies in your current browser?

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
Can you send me your ip when on wifi? Just visit here if you don't know how to find it https://www.whatismyip.com/

Also, try using the secure url directly like this https://motorbicycling.com/

Have you tried another browser, or clearing your cache and cookies in your current browser?
Yes I've tried different browsers and clearing cache and cookies I've used the secure url as well. This affects all my devices connected to wifi: Desktop(Mac pro), Laptop(Windows Surface), cell phone(Android). I've tried Safari, IE, Google Chrome. So It's not just one device. I will send you a private message of my IP.

Reactions: Dan

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
Sorry Buddy. Eric is working on it. Thanks for hanging in there.

(And not sending me angry emails an insulting Mom. hehe)

Wish I could help Eric more. He has been on this for a lot of hrs pretty much st8.

But again, sorry for the delay.
Haha no worries no mom's will be insulted today (at least by me xD). Yeah I can understand his struggle I've been up all night yesterday till 5am doing some programming work for school that is due tomorrow. Trying to get that computer science degree. Procrastinating at the moment just got some hydraulic brakes for my bike from the mailman and itching to put then on ha.

Reactions: Dan

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
just a thought, can you ping the site thru your wifi? perhaps your DNS is failing - I've had that happen on wifi in asia, so use my own settings for that now

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Yes I've tried different browsers and clearing cache and cookies I've used the secure url as well. This affects all my devices connected to wifi: Desktop(Mac pro), Laptop(Windows Surface), cell phone(Android). I've tried Safari, IE, Google Chrome. So It's not just one device. I will send you a private message of my IP.
Wow, that's about as good a good 'ol college try can get.
Haha no worries no mom's will be insulted today (at least by me xD). Yeah I can understand his struggle I've been up all night yesterday till 5am doing some programming work for school that is due tomorrow. Trying to get that computer science degree. Procrastinating at the moment just got some hydraulic brakes for my bike from the mailman and itching to put then on ha.
My Mother and I thank you profusely!

LOL, I should be serious. The boss is watching.

Hey, wow. That is a no joke degree! I take minor courses for fun. The CS stuff, just no joke. Your family has to be very proud. Just getting into school for that is an accomplishment.
Personally, I rode the small bus, wearing a helmet, on the road less traveled on the way to the school of hard knox.
(har, now I have to come up with a degree to end that properly)

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
No still not working :(
Alright bluck, you should be good now! The host blocked your IP. Too many incorrect password requests when the domain was password protected. Not the new software but the domain/folder. Don't feel bad, I did that to myself in the middle of the upgrade. Let me know if it's good.

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
Wow, that's about as good a good 'ol college try can get.

My Mother and I thank you profusely!

LOL, I should be serious. The boss is watching.

Hey, wow. That is a no joke degree! I take minor courses for fun. The CS stuff, just no joke. Your family has to be very proud. Just getting into school for that is an accomplishment.
Personally, I rode the small bus, wearing a helmet, on the road less traveled on the way to the school of hard knox.
(har, now I have to come up with a degree to end that properly)
My family would be proud if 1. I would have started doing it earlier (couldn't afford classes after high school, I'm 25 now) 2. They knew what CS was they just see a bunch of code and ask if there is any jobs out there for CS majors (they've never seen code and so think no one uses it haha) they do love the motorbikes though they think its cool .

Happy to say the website works now :) apparently my IP was blocked for too many incorrect password attempts lol.