high revving

GoldenMotor.com

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
i have a well ridden gt5 with about 700 miles and havent ridden it in about a few weeks,ran great when i put it up,well started it ran great let it warm up went thru town and opened it up like normal,and when i let off the throttle,i was high revving,checked for leaks none,checked for throttle sticking works fine,but while it revving i can jump the clutch and slow the idle,and pull the clutch back in and it will idle fine rev it up and same thing,it use to have a very crisp throttle?any thoughts would help

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your symtoms are consistent with an air leak, somewhere. As was suggested, check your crankshaft seals, carburetor to intake and intake to cylinder, again. This is a common problem. The reason it seems okay when the engine is cold is that your air leak opens/increases due to expansion with engine heat.
Keep checking all sources of air entering the engine downstream of the carburetor.
Tom

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
yeah i found the airleak it was there was no intake gasket,it was gone,kinda weird how it ran great sit fo r 2 weeks the bam ran like crap via intake gasket