Hi my name Maria (Chuy!)

GoldenMotor.com
May 22, 2020
For electric it would be easy as you're just replacing the hub, gas I don't see many options for a women's bike as the frame is usually not compatible without fabrication. There are a lot of threads about selecting bikes here that may help though.

Reactions: Davideo

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Hi Maria,
Gas engine for a Woman's bicycle.
A rear mount friction drive would be perfect.
While I don't know where you can buy a complete woman's gas powered bicycle.
I do know where you can buy the Gas motor rear friction drive kit.

letmepicyou

Mar 26, 2021
Have you considered just getting a man's frame? I've never quite figured out why women's frames are missing the top tube when it's the men that will suffer the most from an impact there. Women's frames are never as rigid and strong as a men's frame. My suggestion is, ignore the entire idea of women's and men's frames, and just buy a frame that works.

I do believe the whole notion of women's frame styles arose from the old days when women wore nothing but dresses, but I'm not 100% positive. I think it was to facilitate wearing your Sunday best while riding a bike. An outdated notion that I think we could simply do away with at this point.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Have you considered just getting a man's frame? I've never quite figured out why women's frames are missing the top tube when it's the men that will suffer the most from an impact there. Women's frames are never as rigid and strong as a men's frame. My suggestion is, ignore the entire idea of women's and men's frames, and just buy a frame that works.

I do believe the whole notion of women's frame styles arose from the old days when women wore nothing but dresses, but I'm not 100% positive. I think it was to facilitate wearing your Sunday best while riding a bike. An outdated notion that I think we could simply do away with at this point.
The step through frame was made for women because during the time it first came out women predominantly wore dresses. This way women didn't have to lift their leg as high and possibly exposing their under garments when mounting the bike. Tradition has kept these bikes being made.

Many bikes marketed towards women, now have a standard top tube.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Hi my name is Maria I'm looking for a women's bike with a motor can someone help prefer Schwin
Welcome to the forum. There has been mid frame, rack and friction builds done on the forums in the past using a step through frame. So it can be done. You can also get women's bikes that have a standard top tube as well.

Your options is learn to build a bike from the forums; buy one from eBay, Craig's List or Amazon; or look for a builder who can build one for you.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Women's bicycles were created in the days when society expected them to always wear dresses, not pants and shorts.
No one wanted wonen to mount a bicycle like men mount horses.
So early women slip onto bikes by sending their rising leg forward and thru the frame, between seat and handlebars.