Hi from Northwest Georgia

GoldenMotor.com

junglepig

Oct 28, 2018
Georgia
Hey, I'm a noob in the hobby. Just got my first bike built and going this past weekend.
I'm just looking for info and tips from fellow hobbyists, and a hoping I can give some back to our community.
I didn't realize this hobby really existed until recently.
I got interested in motorized bicycles from watching the builds that "mustie1" has done on his Youtube channel. (Not HT kits, just custom chopped and welded works of art with various engine types. Give him a look.)

So, inspired by his cool bikes, I did a search on eBay and ended up with a 69cc generic HT kit. I bought a 25 year-old cruiser off Craigslist and after a little more research, I built it.

I still have work to do to make it less dangerous, like adding additional brakes, and an electrical/lighting system. Parts ordered...

I am enjoying the bike very much. I'm retired due to disability, and thought I was no longer able to ride bikes either. Pedaling causes me great pain. Sitting is very painful after a few minutes. But, as long as I limit my ride time, I can enjoy bicycling again.

DRK

Apr 1, 2017
Illinois
I'm retired due to disability, and thought I was no longer able to ride bikes either. Pedaling causes me great pain. Sitting is very painful after a few minutes. But, as long as I limit my ride time, I can enjoy bicycling again.
I'm in the same boat as you. Welcome!

Reactions: junglepig