Heres what I want, unrealistic??

GoldenMotor.com

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
I guess I'm dreaming again, but I want an electric motor which I can bolt onto the bottom end of a 2 stroke kit motor. I see something which requires you to unbolt the head and cylinder and replace with the electric motor, bolt that to the case. Somehow the electric motor drives the old crank, or crank gets replaced with something that sits where the crank did. Maybe even use the clutch so can coast without motor dragging. I dont know... At this point it isnt much to present, just an idea that could use some kicking around from others.

zabac70

Mar 17, 2010
Belgrade , Serbia
It isn't very good idea...Electric vehicles (bikes included) are all about efficiency , and your idea is the way to reduce that efficiency (+ complications in assembly).

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
Yup, kinda what I thought. On the other hand, a jackshaft and mount for a hobbyking brushless might be what I really should pursue. A bolt on modification to the chinagirl bottom end would be cool, just impractical as you point out.

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
Still thinking about this. If you have a bottom end to donate, let me know and I'll see how inefficient it is to use:

1. existing mounting system
2. ability to use a clutch

cons:

1. will require machining to replace crank
2. ?????