Heres my dillema..

GoldenMotor.com

PsychoManZ

Jun 7, 2017
My names Mark and ive been a lurker for sometime now and all my problems have been solved with a simple search!
BUT.. Now im stumped..rode my bike earlier today with no problems and a few hours later..I went to start it and I heard something POP..and she would not start..soo..I took off the side case and discovered a broken nut..pic included. I tried to put another nut on that was almost correct..I had to cut it..and tightened it and same thing ..she will not start..changed the spark plug too..same thing..also..are the gears supposed to be not flush?

Attachments

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
There is a half moon key where the slot is in the bevel gear. Your key has slipped out the back so the gear is not driving the clutch.
Hopefully you have not stripped the threads in the crank.

Last edited:

PsychoManZ

Jun 7, 2017
How did this even happen? Threads look OK inside .. Where do I get this special puller? Is the half moon let you think is still intact if I do get this gear off?

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Pushing your bike with the clutch out will let you see if the gear is spinning and not turning the crankshaft because the key is missing.
The small bevel gear is not supposed to be flush with the clutch gear.
poke around in the grease to maybe find the small half moon gear if it hasn't been destroyed.

Last edited:
Reactions: PsychoManZ

PsychoManZ

Jun 7, 2017
Only thing I have from the build is this..I dont even know what it is...and everything is spinning..I can see the inside where the threads are spinning as well

Attachments

PsychoManZ

Jun 7, 2017
What am I suppose to be looking at for the pic?.. Should I take the other plate off exposing the pads and then take the pic?

PsychoManZ

Jun 7, 2017
The flower nut I removed and put back on..seemed fine..there was some wear on the inside of the cover..I didnt think that mattered but..what do I know lol

PsychoManZ

Jun 7, 2017
I pressed in on the cover that covers the pads and the internals, and unscrewed it..on a side note.... I remember when I first put everything together from a fresh install that flower nut I was able to tighten it snug..Now since all this happened... that flower nut can tighten a lot further and then when I press the clutch it does nothing so I backed it off until the clutch engages and disengages the gears again..but..even with the clutch lever released..the bike while moving both gears..just seems like it I have the clutch lever held ..the bike rolls forward a little too easy if that makes any sense

Last edited: