Here's another crazy idea

GoldenMotor.com

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
So, I was just thinking about rc nitro cars and planes, and I thought: why not find one of those engines that have the power for an MB? Well, here's one right here: http://www.conleyprecision.com/609.htm

A 100cc V8 engine. 5.5HP without a supercharger, 9hp with one. It's expensive, but IMO, would be worth it to build a bike with this engine. So, I'm going to build one. I just had an interview for a position in a bike shop starting at $13/hr, so the moment I can afford this engine, I am going to buy it, and find a way to mount it into my Schwinn stingray. There's space enough for a 5 speed peerless transmission to be mounted, this V8 is small enough to mount into the frame, and I can make it drive the transmission with a simple clutch. It goes up to 9k rpm, which is perfect for the kind of riding one would do with a bike like this. Not only that, but it would sound amazing. Thoughts?

Reactions: wrench

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
I'm perfectly sober, unfortunately.

Yeah, it's kinda just an idea right now, but still think it'd be a fun build to try. Far more torque than my 79cc, but slightly less power than my 198cc. Liquid cooled, dry sump, electric start, charging system, fuel injection.
This engine paired with the peerless transmission, and some gear reduction of course, would be an awesome build. It's footprint is also smaller than that of the 79cc. I'd do a dual exhaust with it since it would mount inline with the frame. I did say it's expensive too. $8k for just the engine. 10k for the engine with the supercharger. If it doesn't work, you can just build an rc car with it.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Your still dreaming. But it's always fun to design stuff in your head

Hope ya get that $13 per hr job ya want.
Maybe you should make monthly payments on a $10,000 used Harley instead

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
But it still won't be a V8. The biggest drawback to buying a motorcycle instead of building one is you never really get exactly what you want. You're always making a compromise. The best outcome of this idea is actually getting it built and working.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I wouldn't call what your dreaming of building a M/C
But yes the accomplishment would be of great satisfaction

If ya want a V8 M/C buy a Boss Hoss https://bosshoss.com/

When buying a M/C hopefully you would buy a model that you would want
It's up to you to customize, modify change the riding style and performance so it's almost exactly what ya want.

Just like everything, there is always something better LOL

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
I wouldn't call what your dreaming of building a M/C
But yes the accomplishment would be of great satisfaction

If ya want a V8 M/C buy a Boss Hoss https://bosshoss.com/

When buying a M/C hopefully you would buy a model that you would want
It's up to you to customize, modify change the riding style and performance so it's almost exactly what ya want.

Just like everything, there is always something better LOL
Yeah, lol, I ain't ready for a motorcycle of that size. But they don't make 600cc V8s.

• Haha
Reactions: wrench

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
By and large, this nearly 100cc V8 is the best option for building a V8 bike that'll work for me. It'll be good on gas, get me up to freeway speeds with the torque, and did I forget to mention it'd sound great? Lol.

There's only a few drawbacks apart from it being expensive: I'd have to fabricate my own mount or make one by cutting a steel mounting plate and mounting that to another mount, I'd have to get a driveshaft to connect it to the transmission input shaft with some gear reduction, so maybe a plate with a jackshaft mounted to the engine mount, and I'd have to find a way to mount the radiator and oil tank.