Help finding sprocket hub adapter

GoldenMotor.com

Berrrgio

Jun 20, 2016
San Diego
I am looking for a hub adapters that will fit a mountain bike and a beach cruiser build I am currently working on. I have seen manic mechanics and his are great but are out of my price range. I'm looking for something a little less costly yet good quality.

firsttymebilder

May 10, 2016
Syracuse NY
I am looking for a hub adapters that will fit a mountain bike and a beach cruiser build I am currently working on. I have seen manic mechanics and his are great but are out of my price range. I'm looking for something a little less costly yet good quality.
I just bought a 40tooth Sprocket Hub Adapter off of Ebay from Gasbikedotnet for 58.99 for my cruiser. They get more expensive the more teeth you get on the sprocket. From what Im seeing most cruiser hubs are measuring in around 1.51 and thats for coaster break hubs. To be sure measure your hub with calipers or you can do the string measurement. Wrap string around your hub then measure what the length was and divide by PI which is 3.14. That is the size i got and it fits my Schwinn Swindler and it should fit my 2nd build which will be a Genesis Onyx cruiser. Now you can order the same one from kingsmotorbikes.com for a bit cheaper and they are the same seller.
Will

Last edited:

Berrrgio

Jun 20, 2016
San Diego
I just bought a 40tooth Sprocket Hub Adapter off of Ebay from Gasbikedotnet for 58.99 for my cruiser. They get more expensive the more teeth you get on the sprocket. From what Im seeing most cruiser hubs are measuring in around 1.51 and thats for coaster break hubs. To be sure measure your hub with calipers or you can do the string measurement. Wrap string around your hub then measure what the length was and divide by PI which is 3.14. That is the size i got and it fits my Schwinn Swindler and it should fit my 2nd build which will be a Genesis Onyx cruiser. Now you can order the same one from kingsmotorbikes.com for a bit cheaper and they are the same seller.
Will
Thanks! Im going to buy some from there website, thanks for the share.dance1dance1

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
If you are looking for a sprocket adapter that will fit a mountain bike hub that has a smaller diameter hub than that of a cruiser with a coaster break, livefastmotors sells one that will fit a 1.2" diameter (3.75" circumference) hubs often found on mountain bike rear hubs. Also, the small ones come with shims so you can use them on even smaller diameter hubs. They also make one for a cruiser coaster break hub as well. They are 9 hole sprocket adapters and you can get cheap sprockets in different #s of teeth that will fit them on e-bay from boy-go-fast and others. They are only good on hubs with 36 spokes. They are $65.

Fits Mountain hubs---> http://www.livefastmotors.com/produ...e-motor-clamshell-sprocket-adapter-small.html

Fits Cruiser hubs---> http://www.livefastmotors.com/produ...e-motor-clamshell-sprocket-adapter-large.html

40T Sprocket--> http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-Motor-...507aa06&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=191452735464

brnot

Last edited: