Helment

GoldenMotor.com

Zarro

May 5, 2023
What is the best budget helmet that provides actual protection and looks badass?

(Not the Bell Qualifier Helmet, unless there is a way to make it quiet)

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
What is the best budget helmet that provides actual protection and looks badass?

(Not the Bell Qualifier Helmet, unless there is a way to make it quiet)
Helmets are personal and should be tried on before buying
Go to your local M/C store and see what you like and can afford
Fit & feel is everything

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Zarro

May 5, 2023
Helmets are personal and should be tried on before buying
Go to your local M/C store and see what you like and can afford
Fit & feel is everything
True. Ill probably just go to Walmart since they have a few helmets so I can at least get my size right.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Oldbiscuit

Oct 3, 2020
Any helmet is better than none ! Now ask yourself how fast you plan to ride. If you build a gas or electric bike and ride it no faster than someone would ride a peddle powered bike at speed, you could get by with a good bicycle helmet. On the other hand, if you plan to ride your motorized bike at motorcycle speeds then get a real motorcycle helmet. Realize also that most bicycle frames and wheels/tires are not built for high speeds, especially when you add the weight, torque, and vibration associated with these gas engines. Expect and plan to wreck, protect your noggin !!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
This may not help in your area but Goodwill stores here always have helmets, I bought the one I like best at a garage sale up the road from me. Just make sure to try it on, a helmet too big is worse than one too tight, it needs to "fit" your head.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Here in Georgia if I ride on the streets I'm required to wear a Dot approved helmet, riding a powered bike without a helmet is the quickest way to get stopped.