Hello ... Newbie to Mortorize Bike. Getting New Build

GoldenMotor.com

spirittoo

May 22, 2019
Hello all ... I just purchase https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q62J2QR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this kit ... and this bike https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beach-Crui...var=622013056044&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649.

I expected it to arrive sometime after the 3rd. I have no idea what I am doing so I would like advice along the way. I looked at a few videos but I have not been able to find a video on how to install the engine kit I have. Would any of you know it one exist? Thank you for reading my post..bld.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Sponsors on the side bar have Video's, check, you did good on the by. First you will need a front brake, a must.........Curt

spirittoo

May 22, 2019
Okay I got my bike today and I have installed the sprocket, but it is rubbing against the frame of the bike. Also I watched a youtube video that said I should grease the rear axle. I did, but now the coaster brake doesn't turn freely like it does in the video ... I tried to tighten it, but when I do the brake won't move ... when I try and loosen it, the bearings are not secure ... I can't find any information on how to tighten the rear axle correctly, can anyone give me a link to that information? .bld.

spirittoo

May 22, 2019
Are these two nuts suppose to be separated? I can't get them apart from one another if so. I tried using pliers and a box wrench but it would not work they just keep moving together.
P1040456.JPG

spirittoo

May 22, 2019
First problem ... the front wheel is wobbling and from my research the spokes have to be tighten to correct it. Does anyone know the spoke wrench size for the Huffy Nel Lusso? Second problem the choke (I think) is a fraction of an inch too tall and I can't fit it in the bike ... the little plastic job in the photo
P1040460.JPG

spirittoo

May 22, 2019
As you can see the motor won't go over all the holes because of that plastic thing ... what do I need to do to get the motor to fit?
P1040462.JPG

spirittoo

May 22, 2019
I figured it out. It was suggested that I turn the mounting plate 180 ... I did and after playing with the brackets for a while I was able to lower the mount a bit and now the motor mount holes line up with the motor..bld.

spirittoo

May 22, 2019
I got the tool for the rear hub. I was able to separate the nuts on the wheel to tighten the hub. However after tightening just enough where the wheel will spin the spokes that holds the bike chain will get loose again. The wheel is moving side to side when I check it on the bike. As you can see in the photo the bearing is showing ... is that right? Also when I try to pedal the chain
P1040465.JPG
comes off the bike ... what am I doing wrong?

spirittoo

May 22, 2019
Hello? Anyone still out there? I finally got everything together, there is some fine tuning that must be done. There is a problem with the gas tank bolt getting stripped, but I think I can still get it on tight enough, if not I will see if there is a way to fix it. The drive chain is touching the frame so I am going to use a washer or two to move it away. The throttle cable keeps coming loose from the carb, it keep coming out of the groove it is suppose to hold it ... and the handle is not snapping back as it should. There is a plastic piece in the throttle that seem to be the cause. The instruction states there is a on off kill switch on the engine, but I don't see it anywhere. The kill switch connectors don't fit in each other so i will have to cut them off an splice them together. The instructions also state to start the engine with out the chain on and to set the rpm, but gives no instructions on how it is done. This is a piss poor instructions from the manufacturer. I don't understand why the chain has to be off to first start it. Any one knows why?
P1040516.JPG