Hello from Michigan

GoldenMotor.com

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
Hey yall, my name is Ronald, i have built one motorized so far and am in love with it,
its on a Schwinn stingray OCC Chopper frame and is nicked named "The Piglet" thanks to a few bikers that came to the bar I work at
I cant wait to Read up on way to make her a better Piglet then before
Hello from Texas!!! That is a clean bike with attitude and I like it. What size engine is on there? What sort of wheel is the chain laying on? Details! I need details!

Lastknownwolf95

Jan 24, 2020
Hello from Texas!!! That is a clean bike with attitude and I like it. What size engine is on there? What sort of wheel is the chain laying on? Details! I need details!
its a 80cc engine and ill tell ya it was a Mother to put that on the bike, im going to be putting a new motor mount on it as soon as i can, as for the chain lay out, im sorry but im not quite sure what that means exactly im a bit of a noob when it comes to this thing

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
If you'll look at the chain on my bike you will see something holding it up. That's called a chain tensioner. The orientation on your tensioner? is a little different than standard, hence my question about it. You might hear people say 66cc and that is because of the way we measure. The Chinese include the combustion chamber in their measurements so over in the US we call that a 66cc engine. From a marketing standpoint 80cc looks a lot better.
Motorized-630.png

Lastknownwolf95

Jan 24, 2020
oh thanks for that bit of knowledge, if you look at the bottom tubing near the forks on the back tire you should be able to see a little bit of color, that the roller of the tensioner that came with the kit just welded to the frame at the moment, mostly it to clear the frame, i just cut the chain a little shorter then normal and used the tire o tighten it

Reactions: Goergedave