Hello all!

GoldenMotor.com

GarageLife714

Sep 15, 2018

First off would like to say hello!
I'm new here and the wealth of info here has helped me from start to finish. Thank you to all! My bike is still new and has only 10ish miles so far. Still going through break in. So far I'm excited about the whole experience. My beach cruiser is made by hyper (walmart). My kit came from californamotorbikes(66cc-80cc).

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi, GL. Welcome!

Dig your bike. Really cool looking.

Really important. Your front fender will try to kill you soon. No kidding, no trying to shock you, it's that important. With out shoring them up and locking 'em in. They let loose, always at WOT, go halfway around and lock you front wheel. The front stops dead and you and the rest of the bike don't. Instant face plant. Really, really hurts and could actually kill you with out a helmet. Ain't real fun with one either, snork.

https://motorbicycling.com/threads/another-tale-of-fender-failure.10191/

Theres thread after thread on aftermath and ways to make 'em safe. But please, please remove until ya get a chance to make safe!

Really is a huge deal.

Hey, that was a fun beginning, eh? LoL

But great to meet ya and welcome!

Reactions: GarageLife714

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Good lookin' bike, all around. Really like the seat. (stock w/ bike?)

Could use 2 u-bolts to secure front fender. I'd add front Vbrakes. They really help!

GarageLife714

Sep 15, 2018
Yep stock seat but had to chop seat post to lower it. Yeah the front and rear fenders gona reinforce them for sure especially after reading tales of fender. Thanks again. Front brakes definitely in future only have rear coast brakes right now. Still have a lot to do but is enjoying every bit of this adventure. .bld.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
you have old-style flat muffler flange, so you'll also need a hanger strap to hold up the bottom of muffler - can ruin cylinder without that

Reactions: GarageLife714

GarageLife714

Sep 15, 2018
you have old-style flat muffler flange, so you'll also need a hanger strap to hold up the bottom of muffler - can ruin cylinder without that
Wow a lot info here and help thanks. Yes will do on making hanger strap. Awesome more projects to do. I actually like upgrading anything if it'll make it better. I watched too much home improvement when I was kid. More powerrrr ho ho ho.